The low the other night was below zero with a wind chill in the minus teens.
I'm cold and trying not to leave my house because lets be honest, I don't care for the booger freezing feeling.
Along with being cold, I've become very lazy. My real camera hasn't seen the light of day in a while. So all these were taken with my crappy IPhone. Whatever.
It snowed most of the day Saturday and this was the kids' attempt to shovel the walks. It snowed over their work and my steps are still covered with ice and snow. We're all too cold to care.
Yes, this shot was taken through my screen.
Colby has insisted on wearing his Santa hat for the last few days. It is part of his school play costume and I'm going with the flow with the warning if it gets ruined, I won't buy a new one. This boy is hilarious and stuffed the hat full of kitchen towels so it would stand up straight. He takes his Santa hat very seriously.
I love Colby.
Icy the elf is still keeping an eye on our family, but she did have one rough day. She caught our stomach flu and we found her with her puke bowl full in the morning. EEEWWWW.
Of course I had to clean it up the next day. I'm the official peppermint puke cleaner.
Other places Icy had been...
Watching from our kitchen cabinets.
Hanging from our light fixture.
Hiding in our tree.
Spying from our candy jars.
This morning was the best though.
We awoke to Icy taking a ride on our ceiling fan.
(Sadly, Saylor made her really fly by turning on the fan full speed. I hope her magic didn't totally leave with her concussion.)
Icy isn't the only one up to tricks these days.
I'm finding Grady standing up to everything lately.
He's a monkey I tell you and Steve found him walking behind a small step stool the other day.
So not ready for a walking baby. I'm praying it was a fluke.
Other than elves and tricks, I am just trying to keep up.
I did get my kids books finished and ordered in time for Christmas. For some reason they stressed me out more this year…but they are my favorites so far. I love photo books. A lot.
Plans for the rest of the week?
Colby's Christmas play.
Andrew's band concert.
School and all its loveliness.
Swimming as always.
Skiing this weekend with the entire family. (I graciously volunteered to stay in the lodge with Grady.)
With all our craziness, I am trying very hard to keep the spirit of Christmas in our home. One way is that I'm giving an honest effort to read Christmas books to my kids every night. Last night we read the Christmas Orange. I had to fight back tears the entire time I read it. I'm such a wimp.
When I asked my kids after the book was finished what the lessons was, Saylor shouted loudly, "Don't sneak out of bed and look at the Christmas tree!"
I might need to work on that girl's Christmas spirit a little more.
I love Colby, too! And as for Mr. Grady, I will not destroy you with the date that he will enter Nursery that I discovered Sunday as I was updating our roster. Yep, them babies tear your guts out; just wait 'till he gets married. Brutal. Just. Brutal
ReplyDeleteOn another note; I LOVE YOU!
Love Colby's hat and his Christmas spirit!!! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks...if we survive our road trip!!!
ReplyDeleteColby was adorable in the school play.
ReplyDeleteChristmas Oranges is my girls' favorite! Our worn out book is proof and I only bought it last year. So, tell more about these photo books ... do you do one for each child for the calendar year? What company is your favorite? Size? I still love that Steve will do your blog to book for you ... best gift ever!
ReplyDelete