Thursday, January 2, 2014

Don't mind me

I don't talk politics hardly ever because it stresses me out.
I don't complain about things I can't change in government because I feel it's like spitting in the wind.
The following picture is a receipt from two prescriptions.  The first is a one month supply of Saylor's steroid for her asthma.  The second is a one month supply of insulin for Carter.  We have met the deductible for both policies…Carter is on a separate policy than the rest of the family because he is diabetic.  This receipt does not include the cost of Carter's insulin pump, insulin pump supplies, or blood-sugar test strips.  They all add up to hundreds of dollars a month above our insurance premiums.
Starting this year, because of Obama-Care, our medical insurance rates and costs or going to go up even higher than they are now. 
Our taxes are going to rise too.
I know many people out there have larger medical bills than us, and honestly, I don't whine much about our medical costs or the cost of diabetes.   However, today I just need to say…thanks for nothing Obama.   Way to make the American dream a lot less shiny.   Way to make things for those of us who work our tails off going to school to own our own business even harder.   
I'm ashamed in what our country has to deal with because of your choices.

…and that's all I have to say about that. (maybe)


3 comments:

  1. I would never dream of disagreeing with a mother of five but I feel like this has to be a mistake. Obamacare is the greatest thing this country has ever received...( extreme sarcasm!) Ha! in all honesty you need to give me a call. I think there is a better option for you.

    ReplyDelete