Thursday, January 9, 2014

How To…and instructional post

How to run a Science Discovery Day at your local elementary school when the main science teacher calls in sick and leaves you completely in charge:  
You wing it!
 Yesterday morning I got a text, right about the time I was about to call in sick myself, that I was the person in charge of Science Discovery Day.  Good thing the science teacher in charge did an amazing job planning.  Good thing everybody who was supposed to show up, did.  Good thing my voice was just pitiful enough that if I had epically failed…most people would have just felt sorry for me.
The day turned out perfect and I couldn't have been happier. (unless I had been home in bed)

 Carter's class waiting for their science demonstration.

 Colby grade getting ready to see some sweet reptiles.

How to get your dad to buy donuts for you at 7am AND make bacon to go with it:
You give him this darling face.
(My husband is a pushover and my kids are spoiled.)


How to make the best breakfast sandwich in the world (never said it was a healthy sandwich):
 Cut a maple donut in half and insert bacon.

 How to spend your morning when you still feel and sound like death warmed over:
Sit on your bed and watch the Today Show in your pjs while your baby thankfully takes an early nap.
Tonight as I type this I am finally feeling a little better.  My voice is coming back, but the cough is starting up.  I'm oh so done with being sick!

How to realize your kids are growing up way too fast:
Look at pictures of your seven year old as a baby and...

redo and update your family picture wall in the basement.
I will NEVER reveal how many holes were made in the wall to make this whole thing work.  NEVER.

 How to convince your mom to let you watch a movie after your homework and violin are done:
Show her how you will cover your eyes during all the bad parts.
Colby…those eyes are not fully covered my friend.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you're starting to feel better...mom's aren't supposed to get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. You can run circles around me even when you're sick! Hope you are back to full strength soon!

    ReplyDelete