I'm behind in many things, and writing in this journal is no exception.
It takes a lot of my time lately making sure a 9 month old doesn't choke on pieces of junk left on my dirty floor that I haven't found time to sweep.
It doesn't help that I'm now sick with a nasty cold that has settled in my voice box. I sound like death.
My kids are dealing with it well…I think they secretly like that I can't yell at them. This morning I had to literally growl at Carter. I think it surprised him when my voice produced that low rumbling sound. He stopped torturing Colby, so I guess I should growl more often.
This morning I tried to cancel an asthma checkup for Saylor because I honestly don't feel well enough to leave the house. I couldn't get a make up appointment until mid March. March! So at 11:45 I am packing up two little kidlets and exposing the pediatricians office to my lovely virus. It's their own fault. I'm past guilt.
On a less vindictive note, here are a few picture from by backlogged holiday. Pictures that should have been written about days and days ago.
I went through a small week-long house building obsessions over Christmas.
I poured over books and house plans dreaming of a house with a huge kitchen.
This was my favorite plan this obsession run…it could change by next month.
Or maybe it was this one?
Who knows.
I figure if I look at houses so out of my price range that I couldn't even possibly think of building them…obbsessing over house plans is a harmless cheap hobby.
I'll keep dreaming really really big.
Best part of the holiday weekend?
Steve's niece Emily got married in the Twin Falls temple so Steve's ENTIRE family was together.
In all the craziness I forgot my camera and only caught a few phone picture of the family waiting around for our turn at professional pictures at the reception.
There are 8 siblings in the Dixon family and 26 grandchildren.
It was a HUGE picture.
This little man is the cutes thing ever.
I threatened to take him home with me. I could handle a two year old…right?
Colby and his cousin Luke.
I think they look like they could be brothers.
Those Dixon genes are dominant let me tell you!
My beautiful sister in law Eden with her baby Andrew.
Grady and Andrew are going to be best buddies…they just don't know it yet.
New Years Eve I finally started taking down Christmas decorations.
Taking down my door of cards every years is the hardest part. This door makes me smile every time I look at it.
We feel so blessed to have have rubbed shoulders with so many wonderful people while living in different places in the past 15 years.
Saylor "not playing" with her tree ornaments.
She tried so so so so hard not to touch them when I asked her not to. If ornaments aren't toys…whey do they have to look so much like them!
Cheaper obsession than building a house is finding new furniture and then taping off the basement to see how big the furniture would be in the room. Luckily for Steve, the saleslady at the furniture store wouldn't give me the discount I found reasonable. She and I didn't see eye to eye on what furniture should cost.
We sure do miss you guys! Thanks for showing us around, it was fun spending time with you!
ReplyDeleteMy card wall is still up. I love looking at all the pictures. What a happy tradition! :)
ReplyDelete