Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Neglected One

Sometimes I feel like Grady is neglected.
Not that he isn't fed or bathed or dressed (the last two are relative…he's the kid I've allowed to be the dirtiest), but he's number 5 and he has to go along for the ride.  His hair isn't always combed, his face isn't always washed and lets be honest, his clothes aren't always spot free.
He's my constant companion, always at my side, but I worry I'm not giving him enough eye to eye attention.  

But neglected or not, I adore this boy.
I love his big blue eyes, his chubby fingers, his squishy facial expressions and his crazy blond hair.
I love that he is happy to bebop
 around the house entertaining himself with whatever comes his way.
At the moment he's easy going with a capital E!

…and I'm so grateful for that.  With seven people living in our house, one of us needs to be low maintenance.


More about Grady Love-

Sleeps heaven-like through the night.
LOVES to be outside playing in the dirt.
Has his own sign language and combined tongue click for the word cookie.
Eats baby oatmeal like its going out of style.
Snuggles (just me of course) with an orangutan like grip.  
Loves being sung to and read to. 
Starting to climb on anything he can get his chubby hands up on.

Tolerates his brothers.  
He didn't really appreciate being put in a make shift box car and toted around the front lawn.


Adores my little rocking chair.  I can hear him climbing and rocking on this crickity thing from all over the house.

Can be found shirtless and pantless most of the time.
(really…I should dress this kid and comb his hair!)


Has been know to eat chocolate cookies for breakfast.
(In my defense, he had already eaten oatmeal, yogurt, and a multivitamin)

Those sparkling eyes tell the whole story.
Grady, I love you so much it hurts sometimes.  I'm so overwhelmingly grateful you are in our family.  I should have named you Lucky because I feel so stinking lucky to have you here!

Who else is lucky??
Anyone who gets chocolate cake and bacon for breakfast.
(The 160 wasn't to shabby either.)

Carter was out  'late' last night at a movie with friends.  Early morning church came a little too early.
I'm calling this a "fun hangover" face.  
The cake and bacon brought him out of it fast though.

Last thing…
Colby has discovered my orange childhood kite.  My Grandpa Walker bought it for me when I wasn't much older than Colby.  I used to go in our back field and let it fly.  Now Colby is doing the same.
Every kid needs a kite, a back field and a cool breeze now and then.



No comments:

Post a Comment