Today was Saylor Kate's first day of preschool.
She has been…dreading…this day for weeks now. Weeks.
The last few days have been especially dramatic. (wonder where she gets that trait?)
She has been counting down the days until she HAD to go to preschool all the while telling me that she refused to go.
Oh Brother.
Today, her anxiety and drama were no different.
She came up for breakfast this morning with a huge frown on her face, laid her head on the counter and sighed. "Today is going to be the WORST day ever."
She oozes a positive attitude I tell ya!
But luckily, she rallied.
She got dressed in her outfit that we picked out last night topped off with new (Meaning I found them in the back of her closet. I forgot that I bought them on clearance last year!) cowgirl boots with pink stars. Pink starred cowgirl boots can make anyone feel amazing right?
She had Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast (a favorite) and requested her hair down and curly.
By 9 o'clock we were ready to go! We stopped first at Grandma Walkers house and had her walk over to preschool with us.
Saylor was nervous and quiet the entire way over but walked in brave as ever.
When I picked her up two hours later, she proclaimed that Miss Sharon her teacher was, "THE BEST TEACHER EVER!"
I think Saylor is going to do just fine in preschool!
No comments:
Post a Comment