Monday, October 20, 2014

11 year old

Carter turned 11 yesterday, and because Steve and I left town the last two years, I felt I needed to give Carter a little extra love and attention on his birthday.
(meaning…I felt guilty…so I bought him stuff.)
Carter has begged for a pet for months now.  Begged.
I have always said No Way Jose.
But the guilt won out and as a surprise Steve and I drove him to the pet store on our way to his birthday dinner Friday night.  We walked in and told him to pick a fish.
He proclaimed it the best day of his life.
(For the record, if anyone out there thinks a fish is cheap, let me correct you.  After we purchased the bowl, the food, the water conditioner and the fish itself we were out $40.  Highway robbery.)
Please meet Carter's half moon male beta fish.  His name is Mr. Chimichangas.  We have 11 more days to get a new fish if Mr. Chimichangas dies.  Heaven help us if he does.

After the fish purchase we took Carter to dinner at a small BBQ place close to the pet store.  Carter loves his meat almost as much as he loves Mr. Chimigungas.

Birthday Selfie.

Best part of this BBQ place?  
The free ice cream!  It saved us a trip to Dairy Queen.

Yesterday (Carter's actual birthday) we celebrated with peanut butter cheese cake and a few small presents.

Grandma and Grandpa Walker arrived first and doled out cold hard cash.  Oh how life is sweet for this 11 year old.

We love him so!

And…Carter obviously loves money.

Trick candles are always a good idea!

As is more $$$$!
Grandma Dixon shelled out the cash too.
I think Carter has about $150 burning a whole in his pocket.

Found this shirt on clearance a few weeks ago and had to buy it!
It's got Carter written all over it!
Love you Carter!  Happy 11th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment