Before I record the crazy stinking fun that was my girl trip to California, I better fill in a few details from the week proceeding my departure. I could say the week before my trip was all about slaving away getting ready to leave, but that would be a big fat lie. I played the week before…a lot. Don't get me wrong, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off like most weeks shuttling
kids here and there, but for some reason it was more fun.
Maybe it was more fun because we picked out a few Halloween costumes.
(Carter has since changed his mind and is now planning on being a gladiator.)
Maybe it was more fun because our weekly Costco trip included Christmas toys and dreams only two and a half months early!
(The horse is not happening Saylor. You can plead and cry and beg all you want…but the horse is not happening.)
Maybe it was more fun because Steve took Saylor, Grady and I out to breakfast one morning.
(Had to add this one too. He is so tiny yet so big. It's killing me.)
Maybe it was more fun because preschool included "cloud" dough…which is really another way of saying super messy dough that completely covers Saylors pants, jacket and hair.
Maybe it was more fun because Saylor got a cute friend all afternoon on Tuesday AND Wednesday.
Whatever it was that made it more fun, I appreciated it.
I won't lie, I sometimes feel I'm so busy that I can't breathe…but other times I have a calm 30 seconds or so when I realize that I'm living the best part of life right now. It's nuts around here…and really really sweet.
And before I forget...
Picture of an underwater picture of Saylor, Ashley and Laney at swim lessons this summer.
Best underwater picture I have ever owned!
And last but not least...
Dad, this picture is for you.
I now know what bumper sticker your car is missing.
No comments:
Post a Comment