Thursday, October 16, 2014

Preschool Trip to Pumpkin Patch

 This morning Sayor's preschool had a field trip to Tubbs Berry Farm.  I haven't been to a pumpkin patch since we lived in Virginia and it was fun to take Saylor and let her experience the same kind of things that we took the three oldest to when they were little.
This farm was much smaller then the Virginia pumpkin patches we visited, but, what it lacked in size it made up for in adventure!

We went on a hayride, down a giant straw bale slide, petted a few little goats, enjoyed a candy cannon, ate donuts and picked our own pumpkin.  Whew!  It was an exciting morning!

Her Highness and her loyal pumpkin subjects.

Some of the preschool kids and siblings.
(Not soon after this was taken, we were asked not to climb on the pumpkins.  Really?  You're going to put out a huge pile of pumpkins and expect kids not to climb on them.  That's just silly.)

My kidlets.

Grady kept trying to run into the maze.   Had he gone far I would have lost him for sure!


The slide was fantastic.
It had a huge bump in the middle and the kids would go flying.  The adult in me thought it was way to dangerous.  The kid in me encouraged Saylor to go again and again.
Her flying hair tells the entire story!
WHEEEEE!

Then there was Grady and the goats.
Man, did he love those goats.

He was petting them, and touching them, and pulling on their ears.

I'm sorry cute little goats that Grady loved you WAY too much!
 I'm also sorry that I'm a total germaphobe and couldn't find the hand sanitizer fast enough after my son loved on you.  I could never survive farm life.

Saylor's perfect (not so orange) pumpkin.
She hand picked it in the field. 


All together now.

As I was walking out of the farm, I realized I don't go out and do fun things with my two youngest like I did with my older three.  I think a lot of it is my age and my stage in life.  I have bigger kids with crazier schedules.  I spend most of my mornings at home because my afternoons are spent in a car driving kids to swimming and music lessons.  When we were in school there was a large group of young moms that got together for outings and playgroups.  On the weekends we did things with other families with small children.  Our weekends now our full of work, taking care of a yard…and swim meets.  It's interesting how life flows and changes.
I think I need to find more outings for me and my little kids.  Going to Winco just isn't cutting it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment