At 5:45 am yesterday I had a van full of teenage swimmers ready to drive to Pocatello.
Yeah. They were thrilled about the early time frame.
As insane as the departure time was, and as surly as their faces were…these swim meets are really fun and I actually love going. (Part of that might be the absence of my four other children, but I won't expound.)
A little self tattoo.
Got to keep those events and lanes straight.
Andrew competed in the 200 IM this meet.
It was exciting to see him swim every stroke.
Butterfly isn't his fastest stroke, but it still looks pretty cool.
Breast stroke is Andrew's best.
Good start on the 200 Breaststroke.
I love this picture because his teammates can be seen cheering him on on the very left.
He came in third place, but is still a few seconds away from qualifying for state.
He was disappointed, but knows he can keep working!
Having a cousin at the swim meet is always a plus.
These two are the best of buds…and can con me into almost anything.
(Maybe I'll post about the goldfish…maybe I won't!)
Annika, Holly, Michael and Andrew
The lunch crew on the way home.
I texted this picture to Steve and he answered with this. "If I was a 14 year old boy, I would totally do swim team! Does Andrew's friend know how lucky he is??"
With a cute cousin comes cute Kimberly friends too. (wink wink)
Poor kids were starving.
And so so tired!
And for the record if you buy 5 teenagers asphalt pie…it will be gone in like 20 seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment