Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dangerous places I went

I use the term dangerous pretty loosely, but for me a big chicken liver, anything is dangerous.   Heck, I think Walmart is dangerous about 22 hours of the day. 
But I digress…

One afternoon us girly-girls decided to try out our adventurous sides and went to discover the Nakalele Blowhole.  Unfortunately, we took the wrong trail head and ended up finding our own way.
In the above picture I'm pointing to where we climbed down from…instead of taking the easier trail.

The tide was low and therefore the blowhole was a "little" disappointing. 
But we made it there and that was accomplishment enough.


The four of us with the heart shaped rock.

This picture was for my children.
It's proof that I did indeed do something "dangerous".
Please excuse the red sweaty face…it was hot climbing back out and I'm totally out of shape.

Our next dangerous spot was the Olivine pools.
On the tour app we listened to in the car, we were highly discouraged from climbing down and swimming in these pools because of the risk of waves sweeping us out to open ocean.
By the looks of it, many other people weren't scared either. 

Yep…it was cold in those pools!
But I will say, the sound of the waves crashing into the rocks just behind us was alarming.  I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near these pools if the tide was high with high surf. 


Token dangerous picture for my kids.

Wednesday morning we woke up and drove to the Haleakala Crater.
It was at about 10,000 ft and the road up was narrow with switchbacks.  The crater itself wasn't dangerous, but I venture to say the drive was.
Poor Susan got a little car/elevation sickness on the way up that plagued her the rest of the day.  Going up 10,000 ft in 20 minutes or so doesn't always feel so great.



Me at 10,000 ft.
It was cold and a little windy.
Brrrr….

Thursday after the snorkeling trip we drove up to the Iao Needle.
Not much danger involved here, but having a conversation with four women about a famous phallic symbol and what that means…now that is a dangerous conversation.  (wink wink)

Sunset right down from our Condo.
It's dangerous how addicting this place could become for me.  
I honestly can't wait to go back to Hawaii!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure!! Looks like SO much fun and dangerous even to prove you are a cool mom. :) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete