Sunday, February 8, 2015

week by week

I used to actually write on this blog.  I used to be clever and witty.
But I'm glad I'm trying to at least journal what my family is up to each week…even if whatever I write lacks anything resembling whit or cleverness.

Now not to be confused with clever is the cleaver Andrew brought home from scouts Wednesday night.
(That was witty right?)
 Andrew has amazing scout leaders, one of them being a farmer who has access to crazy tools only manly men would truly appreciate and the omniscient knowledge to go with it. 
Each scout was able to make their own knife of awesomeness.
Its heavy and really really sharp.
Go scouts!
Andrew left this monstrosity on the kitchen counter where his siblings could reach it the first night he brought it home.  Not cool.  Thankfully nobody lost a limb.

I've started braiding Saylors hair.    Her hair is finally long enough after two years of growing out to have her fly away cut ends tuck into the braids.  I'm surprised how still she will sit while I braid her hair in a different way every morning.  She's a trooper…and Netflix helps a lot.

Friday night Steve and I were invited to a dinner party that included a craft game.  It involved us getting a giant bag of junk that we had to make into something.  We made a fish tank and then realized that all the other couples were way more detail oriented than us.  We lack creative juices and we're ok with it.

For the party I made gluten free cream puffs and lemon pound cake.
Carter and Colby are trying to go a year without sugar  (no donuts, cake, cookies, ice cream…that sort of thing) and because cream puffs have NO sugar I let Carter go crazy.   If they keep up the no sugar thing they will each earn $365.  They are going on three weeks and I'm totally impressed with their self control.

The wind yesterday was INSANE.
These were the result of the wind's generosity.  I was grateful just for this as our neighbor had their entire back yard filled up to the fence.
Wind in Twin Falls is crazy.

Along with the wind, we have had BEAUTIFUL unseasonal weather.
Yesterday and today was in the 60's.
We had the kids go outside and play as much as possible.
Grady has learned the joy of trucks and tractors.
I had to include this darling picture of him.

Our neighbor moved and left us his basketball hoop…perfect timing with the warm weather.
Grady is learning quickly.  

Saylor, Grady and Steve all have nasty colds and didn't go to Stake Conference this morning with me and the three oldest.
Saylor came up in her pink dress and tiara along with her pink unicorn.  I couldn't resist the picture.
She's pretty adorable.

My parents saved us a seat at Stake conference and surprise surprise they sat next to President Holmstead who was our Stake president with my dad as his counselor for the past 10 years.  Old habits die hard…they must have needed to sit together.   Hilarious.


The rest of my Sunday has been filled with science fair, school valentines and baking.   Not a shabby Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment