My friends and I flew back from Hawaii and got in late Friday night. My kids were in bed, but my husband was waiting up for me. My house was clean and Steve explained how the kids worked their tails off so they could take me sledding Saturday afternoon.
To be honest, I really didn't want to wear snow clothes the morning after being in beautiful wonderful Hawaii, but my kids were so excited.
Steve let me sleep in and then we packed up and went sledding.
This is the cushiest sledding experience ever. You are dragged up the hill and then get to slide down. There is practically no effort involved. My kind of sledding. Thank you Magic Mountain for encouraging me to be even lazier than I was before!
Andrew went to Pomerelle with his high school ski club, so it was Steve, the four youngest and I.
Grady was NOT a fan of wearing a hat and gloves.
Colby Colbs.
Yeah…you would think I would have been more tan after a week in 80 degree weather.
Not I said the 60 spf.
Carter Dean
View at the top of Magic sledding hill.
Grady cheered up a bit after he realized his ears and hands weren't freezing with protective gear.
Steve and Saylor.
Besides a sparkling clean house, I came home to a 15 gallon fish tank on my desk.
I guess while the cat's away, the mice will buy fish.
This tank is in addition to the two 10 gallon tanks in Andrew and Carters' room.
I have been promised that I will not have to lift a finger where the fish are concerned and the men in my life have held true to their promise. As I type this sentence I have 15 fresh water fish to keep me company and the constant sound of running water that continually gives me the urge to pee.
Just had to include the picture of my latest triumph. Double french braids.
I would like to thank Netflix for holding Saylor's attention long enough for me to accomplish this feat.
Wednesday afternoon Saylor's preschool class came to Steve's office for a dental field trip.
I think the kids had a good time as Steve let them have run of the place.
Saylor was so excited to show off her dad's office. She told Steve many times that she would "lead" everyone to the prize box…meaning she would get to go first.
And FYI…if you let your oldest two sons carve tiki figures in honor of your Hawaii trip out of soap on your kitchen table, you will be cleaning up soap shavings for days….DAYS!
Tubing looks so fun! That's on our list for this winter too. I'm hoping we actually make it before the snow melts. :)
ReplyDelete