I wish I could say this is how all our days this past week have been, but I can't. We have been running like crazy as always, but I will say that afternoon kindergarten is awesome. The big boys head off to school and the rest of us hang out and "get things done" as this picture depicts. Ok…I might be busy but my little kids play or relax depending on the day.
With afternoon kindergarten, I have vowed to try and fix Saylor's hair in more ways than just the single braid like she had all summer. Some days are turning out better than others. Saylor hated the double braid buns, but I LOVED it. We will keep trying to find common hair ground.
Colby had his last broken arm appointment Monday morning.
He got the ok to return to all physical activities. He admitted he got on the monkey bars the first day of school and jumps off the swings everyday. I think I might direct deposit money to his bone doctor.
I also feel I should get an award for taking three kids to a doctors office. Sitting in this confined space with these yay-hoos is no easy task.
Colby's arm is fine, but I can't say the same for my sanity.
My friend Judy took this picture during one of our presidency meetings.
Somebody (besides Judy) keeps their eyes open during prayer!
We are living in peach heaven as my dad's trees have produced like crazy. Dad pulled the last of the peaches off the tree tonight in fear of the wind knocking them all down.
I'm not sure what looks more delicious- the peach or Grady's cheeks!
The love os sewing skipped a generation, and Saylor got the bug. My mom has her sewing buttons most afternoons. Saylor keeps wondering why I don't sew and likes to comfort me by telling me that I shouldn't worry and that I will know how to sew when I'm a grandma. Ha ha!
Andrew had his first cross country meet today at CSI here in Twin.
He begged Steve and I to let him run cross country and participate in swim team. We allowed it with a few stipulations with grades. One week down and he's juggled his practice schedules and meets well. I'm still nervous about him doing both, but loved watching him run today.
Stretches??
Loved the uniforms this year!
For the record, this is NOT a tooshy picture, but a shot to show Andrew's swim jammer tan on the back of his legs.
Andrew did great in his first race. He came in 24th overall and 4th for his school.
With his time he qualified for the invitational meet next week and will be running varsity for Canyon Ridge.
In really exciting news…ground was broken for our house today…finally.
In this picture, they were just measuring where to dig.
Tonight when I walked around, about a third of the foundation was dug.
…this picture might speak for itself.
I don't want to go into nasty details, but needless to say 9 people in one house does a number on a septic system.
Wait! I haven't written about my middle schooler!
He is doing fantastic and loves school. I couldn't be prouder.
And I had to include a few more first day of school pictures.
Saylor outside her school on the first day!
Her best friend Preslee and Saylor waiting for their teacher. We are so excited they are in the same class.
First day selfie.
Grady missed his buddy all day and was thrilled to be united with Colby after school.
Showing off their and hardware and abs.
(Would be a better picture if Colby's zipper wasn't totally down!)
Their attempt at a "cool" shot.
Hilarious!
No comments:
Post a Comment