Tuesday, August 18, 2015

school prep and other comings and goings

I feel in the last 10 days that I haven't been home in the least, but when I look back to what I've accomplished and plowed through, I feel satisfied with the craziness.  It's all had a purpose…plus some has been just for fun. 
As of today I've registered or opened housed all my kids for school (Colby's open house is tonight.)  I've taken a least two kids to doctors appointments and four kids to dentist appointments. 
I've spent oodles, were talking I'm bleeding here, of money on swim and cross country team apparel and fees.  (Still not finished.  I'm afraid to tell Steve the artery spew of money that will occur in the next week.  My debit and credit card may explode from use.  Kids, especially older kids are pricey!)

But asides appointments and money being thrown out the window…here are a few pictures since the last time I posted.   Posted?  What?  I posted?  I have a journal?  What???
(I'm dying here.)

My dad works pretty hard around here and spent an afternoon pulling overgrown bushes out of my mom's flowerbeds.  I was lazy and made cookies or something as I watched out the window.  Good times.

Steve and I slipped out for a small date one night and Steve slobbered over his next dream car.
He really wants this one.
(Too bad we have to buy a house to live in.  Boo Hoo.)

I will admit after I drove the dang thing that it was blasted fun.
Maybe in a few years…or decades we can afford it. 

We also picked out (if we can afford it by Christmas) our new fridge. 
Ok…its the bomb. (and much cheaper than a Mustang.)

Speaking of horses…Andrew makes a great one.
I love when he entertains Grady!

Carter is starting middle school and I snapped a picture of him trying out his new locker.
(moms are so lame and embarrassing!)

Andrew got a sports physical and check up for cross country and swim team.

Saylor had her kindergarten open house.  Mrs. Stanger is also our  primary chorister and we LOVE her.  Could you ask for a better kindergarten teacher??  I think not!

This is a great picture. 
Check out where my kids are compared to where my parents are.
My children have taken OVER.  Its pretty pathetic that my parents are reduced to the little couch by the window.  So sorry Mom and Dad.

I about had a mental breakdown when I got a flat tire from running over a screw.
My knight in shining armor fixed my flat over his lunch hour.  Love that knight!

Colby saw an endocrinologist for growth hormone/celiac/and hormone testing.
Kids aren't' supposed to be this skinny with fragile bones I guess.

They took about seven tubes of blood.  On the last one, Colby totally passed out.
Poor little dude.
We should get test results back in about three weeks.


Sunday we had the Dixon clan over for dinner. 
We love these darling fun cousins!
Grady, Luke, Mason, Cormac, Jacob, Saylor, Carter and Little Andrew.

The kids played and had a great time in the back yard.

Could somebody please make a granite decision for me???
I'm so struggling!

…just a little middle school prep.
Getting stuffed into a locker??  Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment