Its officially my favorite season of the whole year.
Its cooled down and the leaves (especially on the ash trees) at my parents house have turned golden and started to fall.
The younger kids are loving it. We didn't have trees this spectacular at our old house and wont have ones like this for the next 15 to 20 years.
Live it up kids, live it up.
They were more than willing to have me take pictures.
Ready…set…
GO!
Leaves are itchy!
Could have been an awesome picture if only someone would wash his face.
Delinquent mother. (wink wink)
The rest of the pictures are tidbits from this past week. Really, our days are packed.
The house has walls!
This picture was from last Monday or Tuesday.
We were only able to walk through the house after the kids were in bed so our headlights helped with lighting.
The garage walls are missing in this picture, but are currently up. I will have to take more pictures.
Behold my pantry with two large closets for food storage.
It might be my favorite room in the whole house…at least until my master closet is framed!
Steve had Tuesday off for some crazy reason so we spent a few hours just looking around at landscaping ideas. Grady was our afternoon errand buddy. His favorite were pulling off the "apples" at the nursery.
Wednesday evening Andrew had a x-country meet down at the golf course by Centennial park.
The parking and driving up and down the canyon was insane, but its always fun to see Andrew run.
Grady got in on the racing. Free reign of a golf course can be pretty fun for a two year old.
All Andrew's sports are making him really tired…and keeping him out of mischief.
The kids were out of school both Friday and Saturday.
JaNae came from Boise with her three youngest and the Walker cousins played crazy hard.
After a day of cousin activity…the boys got a little nuts and shirts ended up the flag pole.
It was like a scene from Lord of the Flies.
I was sure they would be dancing around a fire with a pig head on a stick any minute.
Saturday morning Andrew and I left super early to make it to Lava Hot Springs for yet another swim meet. (Sometimes in my head I repeat…just four more weeks-just four more weeks.)
Andrew swam the 200 IM and the 100 Free.
He came within 1 second from state qualifying times for both.
He has improved so much in just one year!
Breast stroke is still his favorite.
These crazy boys did great on their relays too.
My parents came and watched both Andrew and Holly swim.
I adore how my parents make sure they are present in their grandkids' lives. I couldn't be more grateful to these two. Love them.
Me and the boy.
For some reason, Andrew can swindle me into taking him to lunch after every meet…and usually at places where I can't eat.
Gluten and cheese anyone?
We made it home in time for the boy's to attend the priesthood session of general conference.
Carter's 12 birthday is just over two weeks away so Steve took him.
After conference the Dixon men always go out to dinner…this time it was on Grandpa Dixon.
Can I express again how grateful I am for grandparents' influence in my childrens' lives? Its absolutely immeasurable how important these relationships are to me. I can't thank both my parents and my in-laws enough for loving my children and being priceless examples for them. They are wonderful examples of love, faith and goodness. They live and love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They honor their spouses and family relationships. They are hard working and stalwart.
I am humbled often by how lucky and blessed I am to have the family I do and I love them dearly.
Today was conference Sunday.
We ate lots of junk.
We stayed in our pjs.
We listened to conference.
It was a great day.
Grady and Andrew had a little game of blanket wrapping. Grady got wrapped up to the point of not being able to move. It was fun for about five minutes and then Grady had enough.
Arm wrestling Dad was much more fun.
Don't worry Colby…you will beat him one day!
Oh…and the traditional conference fort was fantastic.
I don't think it will ever be beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment