I made it through another week of insanity and am coming to realize how much I love Sundays. I love the peace Sundays can (but the bickering between my normal kids ruins it sometimes) bring. I love Steve being home (when he doesn't have meetings) and I LOVE Sunday dinners together as a family (you know the five minutes we are actually sitting together before my kids declare themselves full or refuse to eat real food…whatever happens first.)
Oh…and I love naps. (when I get them.)
…and I love driving around and walking through houses under construction.
…and when my husband does the dinner dishes.
Other random things I loved enough this week to take pictures of.
My friend Candice and I car pool to Marlins swim team with our four boys.
She sent me the above text. It made me smile. Colby gets me…and my love of the dvd player in the van.
I found him sleeping the other day like a starfish.
None of my boys now will sleep with an upper sheet. What are they European or something??
It's a bottom sheet with a blanket. I hate the way the beds look, but I'm glad they are comfy. Looks like my dream of pottery barn perfect rooms is fading quickly.
Who am I fooling???
Saylor is dying over this little white board my mom got her. She will sit for hours writing numbers and words. Before this writing episode was over, Saylor was up into the 70's. She is loving school and learning.
The house is coming slowly and surely. We walk around almost every evening. As of last night we had a floor. But my storage on my phone was full so I don't have a picture.
Hehe…sophmore pictures of Andrew.
I didn't purchase but had to take a picture of the proof for posterity sake.
Love this little thing.
Yesterday Andrew had a swim meet here in Twin. He has one every week for the next 5-6 weeks.
We will be breathing X-country meets and swim meets for the next month and a half.
I hosted a spaghetti feed for the magic valley team and had 35 kids at my parents home for spaghetti and meatballs. I get better at this dinner every time I host one. By the time Colby is in high school, I will be a pro!
Don't these kids look so excited to be here???
Andrew swam in the medley relay (breast stroke) and the 200 free relay.
He swam individually in the 200 free where he came one second short of qualifying for state. He wasn't disappointed, but excited he was so close. He admitted he doesn't love the 200 free as he has to sprint the entire 200 meters.
Andrew's other individual race was the 500 free which he swam for the very first time.
He was nervous, but obviously shouldn't have been. He qualified for state with 4 second to spare. I was timing him for splits for his coach and was so full of adrenaline I could hardly push the buttons for the splits. I couldn't even complete a sentence when I realized he qualified!
I am so proud of Andrew's hard work and perseverance in this sport. He loves it and it shows.
Andrew's splits.
Me and my (now totally taller than me) boy.
Another fun aspect of swim team is we get to hang out with cool cousins.
Love you Holly!
Andrew is number 8 holding the ball.
He scored 4 goals and had a great time.
I think he loves this sport more than running and swimming combined!
Yep. It's pretty great!
(No pics of Carter and Grady this time. I still love them and promise to include them in my next post!)
No comments:
Post a Comment