Monday, January 3, 2011

Mom...the Holy Ghost knocked on my wall and it freaked me out.

These were the words that came out of my four year old's mouth this morning after coming out of his room -again- without getting dressed.
I had "only" asked him about five times to change into clothes for the day.

I'm guessing he is either
#1- Way more "in tune" with things than I am
or
#2- He's testing out some new spiritual manipulation on me to cover up his lack of obedience.

I'm banking on #2...but I might read a few extra verses in my scriptures tonight.
Just in case.

Colby Virge Dixon,  I'm very happy you are picking up the "lingo" from primary class and home.  Your teachers are doing an excellent job-  but please don't try and use it against me.  It won't work.

And speaking of freaky...
these jackets qualify for sure.
My sister, mom and I found these HIDEOUS things on the clearance rack at Macy's this past weekend.
They originally sold for $60.
(some designer out there is very disillusioned about his or her abilities)
They were on clearance for about $12.

With the new "How to Train Your Dragon" movie running non-stop in my home since Christmas, I knew exactly what we could use these jackets for.

Halloween Viking costumes for fall of 2011!

The boys LOVE them and haven't taken them off since they were brought home.
I should have hid them because, unfortunately, they are dry clean only (of course they are) and I'm having to outlaw eating in them.  I am not putting more money into these beasts!

 Now...we just have to be on the lookout for helmets and axes.

Saylor Girl is walking all over the house now and it makes me smile to see her little person walk around like a big girl.
She's wonderful.
I wish I could stop time...but maybe I'll wait to stop it a month from now when I will hopefully have her weaned.  Cross your fingers for me.


I forgot to mention my favorite Christmas present this year.  How silly of me.
Notice anything different on Steve's face?
THE GOATEE IS BACK!

Steve had a nasty cold sore about three weeks ago and couldn't shave. 
Oh darn!
So for Christmas, he decided to grow it back...for me.
I love it and am secretly (not so secretly) happy that he has some ingrown hair issues right on the edge of his goatee from a minor surgery earlier this year.   He has Stake meetings tomorrow night and I think he should ask for a "beard card."  They have them at BYU, why not here?
Hey dad?  Could you pull a few strings and get my husband a "beard card"?
I would be happy.

Lastly for today's post I have to tell you how much this sight warms my heart.
Granted they are both reading comic type books, but they are still reading.
While their sibling's slept, these two got reading privileges until 8:30 last night.
I hope they both learn to love reading.
It is my favorite and I only wish I had more time to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, LOVE the hairy vests! My boys would freak out to have those. Eve too frankly. We're big fans of that movie in this house.

    ReplyDelete