Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary.
Lucky in love...Lucky 13...or something like that.
The day was spent like most Saturdays. I caught up on household chores, Steve cleaned the office with the boys, fiddled with his (many many) RC cars and the boys happily played outside because of the beautiful weather.
My mom came over in the evening and watched the kids so Steve and I could go out.
We went to a newer restaurant in town that is right on the canyon edge.
The service was great, the salad and bread were great, both of our entrees were raw.
I'm very happy neither of us got food poisoning.
We may or may not go back again, but it was really fun to go out and be together.
It's fun to remember why you like your spouse so much without the kids in tow.
After our dinner of pink chicken and even pinker prime rib, we walked through my dad and brother's beautiful new office and talked about things we wanted for Steve's new office- something that is in the works but feels light years away. (sorry...I have boys and the Star Wars talk tends to creep into my vocabulary)
We then came home and watched a silly romantic movie and ate Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
Steve picked out the flavors- Caramel Sutra and Chubby Hubby. Still chuckling about that.
With four kids, a tame night like this seems exotic and special.
I'll happily take it.
I love you Steve.
...I'm still holding out for Hawaii-first class on our 20th.
you guys look great!! congrats on 13 years......your kiddos are adorable. Life seems rough with diabetes, but you seem to handle it all so well- great mom! I am sure you will be out of your funk soon :)
ReplyDelete