Friday, February 18, 2011

Saylor's Favorite Breakfast and a few indecent photos

Finding food that my 15 month old (yes, 15 months old as of today) will eat regularly is getting to be a bit of a challenge.  She has weeks where she will eat whatever I give her and then weeks where nothing but chocolate chips will satisfy her palate.

This week she is loving pancakes- could eat them for every meal.
 In fact, this morning she wouldn't stand up to get out of her crib until I mentioned the word "pancake" and then she was up like a rocket, clapping her hands together with joy.

So in Saylor's honor, I thought I would share my favorite pancake recipe for the moment.
It was originally my Grandmother Walker's recipe, but I have tweaked it a bit.  I've added whole wheat flour and substituted the sugar for applesauce.  The kids can't tell the difference and they are still light and fluffy- and don't leave you with that "I just ate white flour and sugar for breakfast and feel like a bloated manatee" feeling.  
-just saying-

Saylor's Pancakes

1 C whole wheat flour
1 C white flour
2 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 C apple sauce
1/4 cup veg. oil
2 C milk
2 eggs

Sift all dry ingredients together.  Add wet ingredients and whisk together just until moistened.
Drop onto preheated griddle, I set my stove at medium low.  Flip over when tops get dry looking and puffy.
Makes 2 dozen medium pancakes.

I love them with peanut butter and maple syrup.


AND NOW THE INDECENT PICTURES!

I'm hanging my head in Happy Hour shame.
She fished this bad boy out of the trash.
Sick.

Luckily I drank all the soda and what was left was a brown Diet Dr. Pepper water slush mixture.


The 10 year old using the facilities will not be named, but I think Saylor was trying to brag about her stolen trash treasure.


And really, what would life be like without a good Star Wars undie shot?
(looks like I need to put a little more peanut butter on this bone rack's pancakes)

2 comments:

  1. did your other guys do that eating thing? It seems like mine did..and do. I figure its when they are growing they are starving and will eat anything. then the next week...well you know. Thank for the pancake recipe. I have NEVER make homemade pancakes. they look a whole lot healthier. haha. I'll try them out. Maybe tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look fluffy! I'll have to try that. Just looking at pancakes makes me want some.

    ReplyDelete