I'm made it home today around 12:30 pm.
My trip was dreamy.
There was lots of shopping, even more eating...but hardly any sleeping. I've never had a hangover, but I'm guessing three hours of sleep last night and two plane rides today might come close.
The kids were happy to see me. Colby wins the prize of my favorite, as he actually hugged me tight and whined how he missed me. Carter just wanted his present- funny boy. Saylor looked at me in disbelief and then ran to me smiling. But the crusty looks for two hours afterward bumped her off the favorite list. Andrew is too cool to show loving emotion to his mother in an airport, so I'll forgive him.
Steve had the house picked up and laundry started. He also told me how he didn't sit down for three days and how much he appreciated all I did in the house. I think this might be the best part of me leaving...coming home missed and appreciated.
I took a two hour nap this afternoon and have spent the rest of the day just getting ready for the whiplash of normal life I'm going to experience tomorrow. I'm really going to miss the hotel's hot all-you-can-eat breakfast that I did not have to prepare or clean up when I start my routine around 6:00 am tomorrow. I think I could totally handle a personal chef and maid. Really.
My girly high maintenance cup has been filled for the time being.
I'll post pictures tomorrow.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment