Friday, April 1, 2011

basement updates

As of today, the basement has doors and closet shelves.  Pretty happy about it. 
The trim is also up and the painting prep will start hopefully this afternoon.

This is Carter and Colby's closet.  It has to be so deep due to the duct work on the ceiling.  I'm an NOT complaining about a deep closet.  The boys are already dreaming of the junk they are going to store on their shelves.  
I'm just dreaming about carpet.
The finish date is "scheduled" for two weeks from now.  I'm having a hard time being patient, but realize being antsy about this is not going finish it any faster.
I'm also wishing I would have demanded shelves in the upstairs closets when the house was built. I'm learning to open my mouth...a problem I'm surprised I have.
(I don't like to make waves, I just want my house finished.)


The boys have a four day weekend.  The weather is beautiful, but my boys are still finding it hard keep entertained.  
WHAT?

So I'm keeping them busy doing chores in the morning so they will want to play in the afternoon.
Colby wanted to do a chore with "spray" and took it upon himself to clean windows.
My front window is now clean one third of the way up.  And by clean, I mean four year old clean and streaky.



Other than that...not much is happening around here.  
Unless you count a seven year old boy wearing a princess hat something.
He was modeling it for Saylor.  She wants nothing to do with her gift from Lego Land.
Blast.

2 comments:

  1. I fully understand the "not wanting to make waves, just want my house done!" mentality. There are certainly things I might have done different about our house but by the time it came around to doing them I had had it and just desperately wanted to live in it so I would settle for whatever. Not to say I'm not happy-I'm over the moon in our new addition. And you will be too. A finished basement. WOOOHOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello yes I want your pound cake recipe. and every other recipe you use. silly girl like you had to ask.

    ReplyDelete