I hadn't realized how long Saylor's hair has actually grown. She's never had a hair cut and today out of desperation to try something new, I put her hair in her first "real" piggies.
When I told her she had real piggies, she snuffed her nose like a real pig.
I'm in disbelief how much older she looks.
She is no longer a baby, but a full grown fit throwing mess making toddler.
Had to throw this picture in even if if is blurry. It caught a very rare genuine smile.
Yes, her smiles are sly and a little shifty.
Her face returned to her usual grimace quickly.
It's as if she knows she is better than the rest of us.
Here are some facts I love about my diva Saylor Girl at 17 months.
When she is calm and relaxed, she always crosses her ankles. Even asleep she prefers this body position.
She clicks her tongue when asked what a horsey says.
She has her own signs for drink and more. I don't think they are "official" but they work for us.
She doesn't say many words, but grunts and whines to get whatever she wants. I'm ready for her to talk.
She does however, understand EVERYTHING you say to her. The other day, Steve put her in the corner for throwing food on the floor and then calmly asked her to pick the food up and throw it in the garbage. She did it. (It kills me that she is old enough to discipline...but we don't want her to think she owns the place.)
I think her favorite foods are yogurt and chocolate chips.
She loves trucks and cars more than baby dolls.
If she falls asleep in the car on the way to Carter's lunch run, she will sleep through the entire lunch limp in my arms. It's almost scary how deep she can sleep.
She twirls. Twirls until she falls over.
When she hugs me, it is a full arms around my neck bury her head in my shoulder hug. I love it!
...couldn't leave this little boy out.
Colby sported his best rock star face for the camera.
He is going to be a rock star when he grows up you know.
So blasted cute!! You did such a good job, I am glad she would hold still for you long enough to do it. I can't believe how big she is, she is not a little baby anymore and it is killing me!
ReplyDeleteBy the way her crusty looks are the best!
She is so adorable! I am dying over the pigs. And yes, she is growing up way too fast....time for you to go ahead and have another! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your children. Is is possible to give children smiling lessons? Just wondering.
ReplyDeleteI've just been reading your blog instead of doing the laundry, cleaning the house, and feeding the baby girl lunch. I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Oh how I miss you, my friend who should live next door but instead, lives in her house with her sweet basement on the other side of town.
ReplyDeleteLove her piggies! So sweet and adorable!
ReplyDelete