Friday, April 15, 2011

feet hit the floor running

I quote my mom a lot because:
1. she is wise
2. she has raised five productive children
3. she is usually spot on

She has often said that when us kids were young, her feet would hit the floor running.  And that is how I feel now.  From the moment I wake up in the morning, my feet hit the floor running.  I also often tell my husband that other than being in the car, I don't sit down during the day.  It's true.
I feel that I have never been busier in my entire life.  I constantly have something else to do, somewhere else to go, someone else to care for.  But...I sleep really well at night.  I guess that comes from pure exhaustion.
And I'm happy.

Should I have relished having only two little kids and sleeping in with no where particular to go everyday so we stayed in our pjs?  Probably.
But that was then, and this in now.  I'm busy, crazy, tired and happy.
And the moments I sit on the couch watching really old James Bond movies with my spouse, commenting how racy those movies were...are...will always be- are wonderful stress free lazy moments that I truly appreciate.  (We were both so tired last night, neither of us were willing to walk up one flight of stairs to get a blanket.  We decided it was worth being cold if we didn't have to move.)

Part of the reason we are both so tired is that we have spent the better half of this week moving some lucky little boys into their new rooms.
Ahhhhh.  It feels so so good.

Andrew's room.  
(I left the sock on the floor under his bed so it would look more authentically Andrew)

Carter and Colby's room.
(I will hopefully get their pictures hung this weekend.  No promises though)

The bathroom as of this morning.
The cabinets were installed yesterday, but the doors are not finished yet.  They should be installed sometime next week.  The plumber is here now and we will have a functioning bathroom tonight.  Final trim and touch up paint will be finished next week as well.  
It has been a long crazy dirty project, and I am thrilled it is almost finished.
And part of this thrilling feeling?  -not having people in my house anymore.  All the men working on the basement have been great guys, but I'm ready to have my house back.  ...mostly so I can take a nap in the afternoon if I so wish.

3 comments:

  1. I still get a few moments now and then (like right now!) to sit down and do as I please. That is the one thought that is making me hold off a bit longer in trying for #2. :) But eventually I know it'll happen and we'll be happy for it.

    The rooms look awesome. I bet you have 3 excited boys at your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good! I truly have bathroom envy.

    Definitely worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I just come over and smell the new paint and carpet? K. thanks. be there in 10.

    it looks so good!! I really like the boys quilts. and the nice fancy bathroom.

    ReplyDelete