Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tron Legos

The boys are obsessed with Tron.  Obsessed.
I did watch the movie and understand why they are obsessed, its a pretty good show.
My house has constantly been filled with the little boy produced sounds of light bikes and whirling disks in the last few days.
(I will NOT admit how many times I have let them watch the movie!)
 They are in computer animated-computer fantasy boy heaven...with only one complaint.
Lego does not make Tron sets.  Yet.  
The gnashing of teeth has been furious.  They are bitter, let-me-tell-you.

Because Lego has not conveniently provided my children happiness in an overpriced boxed including  "this is your imagination" instructions...my boys actually had to use their own imaginations and use the HUGE MASSIVE bin of loose Legos that might otherwise collect dust in the basement. 
This is what they came up with in the last two days.
Pretty impressive if you ask me...even more impressive because I haven't seen my children in the last two days.  (Kind of nice) They have been too busy perfecting their spacial orientation skills for their future Dental entrance exams.  Yee Haw!

Here are just a few of their creations.
 The Light Bike:  complete with homemade Tron logo.  
I hope we aren't breaking any copy write laws.

 The Light Jet.

 The Grid, complete with fighting disks.  
And, oh yeah...the disks attach to the program's backs just like they should.  Awesome.

I'm grateful for the hundreds of dollars Steve and I have spent on Legos in the last five years.  
It's finally paying off.

 I'm also grateful for the maybe two hours of sunshine we have had this entire weekend.  It made my house bright and warm.  It made playing with the princess even better.

 And I'm REALLY grateful for carpet!  
And so are the three munchkins.  They have spent the last two nights sleeping in their new almost finished rooms.  I don't blame them.

But I do blame a certain someone for the boogers left on the walls that I had to scrape off and paint over earlier this week.  This shot is making this certain seven year old look mighty guilty!

2 comments:

  1. Those legos rock! I need to show my boys your pictures. I hope they too will have a new thing to be obsessed with. Legos are my saving grace with the 7 year old.

    I love the picture of Saylor and her adorable mom!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tron was all I heard about this AM on the ride to school too! So I can only imagine how Tron filled your weekend was! The booger? Yeah I got em too! It's got to be a 7 yr. old thing! All outside his door....YUCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete