Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Photos #1

Early Christmas Eve, we let the kids open one present before heading off to Grandma Dixon's house for dinner and festivities. 
They were less than thrilled with their new thermal underwear/pjs.  My children do not appreciate my attempt to save money and kill two birds with one stone.  The boys all needed thermals for skiing, but I think they would have liked to open something more fun Christmas Eve.  
 #1 child's smile is as fake as it gets.
He was under threats of a canceled Christmas. (A threat I personally love.)

After a delicious dinner at the Dixon's and the traditional watching of the LDS movie "The Gift", we came home and promptly put the kiddos in bed.  I was surprised how quickly they brushed their teeth, jumped in bed and fell asleep.

I however could not sleep and got up in the middle of the night and noticed Santa had indeed come. 
I snooped around in surprise that my ratty children (love them) were spoiled to this extent by the Man in Red.
But I think he is trying to punish me...he brought two pillow pets.

He did however, leave a very interesting note. 
I appreciate Santa's efforts in getting us to church.

I do not appreciate Santa's stocking gift of pop-guns.  A constant stream of "pop!" "pop!" "pop!" could be heard from downstairs starting at 6am until 7:30 am. 
 (Please note the change in pjs...Carter and Andrew preferred the new pjs from Grandma over the thermals that I bought them.  Grandma's rule.)

We did let the kids open the presents from each other before church.  
Is that a knife my 11 year old is holding?
Yep.

Carter received a model airplane kit and three bottles of paint to finish his birdhouse that he and Steve constructed a few days ago.  Too bad my color blind son couldn't see the difference between the three earthy shades of brown, green and red. (Steve couldn't either!)


Colby got tools and and accessories for his tool box.

Who gave a two year old a candy cane at 8 am?  
Oh...that would be me.

1 comment:

  1. BLAST!!!!! We got 3 pillow pets here, from Grandma!!! My money would never purchase those stupid things!! Spoiled kids is what you have, but it just shows how much they are loved!!

    ReplyDelete