With only 3...count them 3...days left until Christmas, we have obviously been busy.
There hasn't been a lot of time to sit down and write.
So I'm going to wrap up quickly with pictures.
Last Friday was Colby's kindergarten Christmas program.
(Obviously I didn't have him dress up. I'm calling this the "third child and I'm too tired to care" syndrome. That and I told him his shirt really had snowflakes on it.)
Colby was adorable and apparently has a flair for rhythm and performing. It was hilarious to say the least. His facial expressions had a life of their own and could have owned the stage by themselves.
Saylor tagged along as always. She got a cookie for being good during the entire performance. I'm grateful it was short.
Also last week, we had (drum roll please) can lights installed in our front room and master bedroom. I cannot believe the difference eight little lights make in the feel of our home.
"Let There Be Light!"
Along with the light, came a little snow in the form of falling insulation as well as a thick layer of dust from drilling out holes in the ceiling. It made a good excuse to deep clean my house. The cleanliness lasted all of two days.
Colby wanted to master the head stand, mostly because he wants to be able to do an upside down push up. I find this a lofty goal for a five year old with the upper body strength of grasshopper.
Saylor tried her best...it wasn't enough.
Now on to the push up.
Last night we had our annual Walker family Christmas party. After dinner, we settled down with a grandchild nativity pageant.
Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus (baby Bentley), the angel and the star.
A shepard, a sheep (that is one crazy sheep) and you've got it...Mickey Mouse.
I never knew Mickey was part of the nativity. But when a three year old is concerned, I guess it really happened.
A cow and a chewing camel.
(the cow is hidings his face...the humanity of having to share the stable with a camel.)
I loved this shot.
Joseph loves that baby.
After the nativity, the kids gathered around for presents from Grandma Walker.
They were pj's of course!
Most of the kids had matching with cousins. These two are the only ones who would hold still long enough for me to take a picture.
After presents and the annual white elephant gift exchange (no pictures to protect the innocent), we Walker kids gave our parents their memory book for 2011.
It was lots of work, but I don't sew so I have to contribute to the family somehow.
Wrapping up...
The halls are decked...
The Christmas cards are hung,
(We love getting cards from friends all over the country. Moving almost every year has its perks.)
And we are ready for Christmas!
What's left?
Make cookies for Santa
Clean house (again)
Party with a friends Friday night
Party with family Saturday night
Enjoy only one hour of Church on Sunday
Enjoy being together on Christmas day
(...try not to lose any Lego pieces. hint hint)
Love all of it of course!! We were Christmas card slackers this year!! Maybe valentines cards!!!
ReplyDelete