Saturday, December 31, 2011

What're your plans...

"Hey Jay Berry, ya got plans for the new year?"
"Oh, I don't know LeRoy.  Maybe just sit here and whittle a bit."

Steve bought the boys dowels this morning so they could carve new wands.  (I'm guessing it has something to do with watching Harry Potter 1-3 yesterday.)  They have been busy on the porch, carving and enjoying the December sun for hours.  This picture scares me.  That is a stinking sharp knife...plus I'm noticing how bad Carter needs his fingernails cut.  I'm not sure which is worse.

Out of this did come a conversation worth saving:

Carter:  Dad!  You need to come outside, I need supervision. I haven't had knife safety in scouts yet!
Steve:  Here's your supervision...go outside and don't cut yourself.

Classic Dixon parenting.

But no really- I just paid off an $800 ER bill from Colby breaking his arm, I don't need another visit due to a self inflicted knife wound.

In other news, Steve brought this bad boy home for me today.  I think he is giving me a hint. 
Either, he wants the house cleaner (he did give me a step by step on how to use the machine...oh brother), or he wants me to work on my triceps.  This thing is a beast.
I'm trying to be grateful.  
(I would have rather had new jeans.)

Anyway...long story short, have a relaxed, clean and emergency room free New Year. 
I hope mine is.

2 comments:

  1. They must have been inspired from when same took a kitchen knife over to your house and was using it to cut stuff!! Hilarious! Glad your boys still have 10 fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...how i get lost reading your blog!:) a nice new vacume?! in my dreams! i have been debating getting a kindle how do you like it? not sure if i would know how to use it! ha but i do love to read... but yes it is such a time suck! i LOVE that you had to scan your presents to open them- genius! you guys are thee cutest family ever!!!

    ReplyDelete