Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kid Soup

Andrew and Carter started summer swim team today.
It was wall to wall children in bathing suits.
I will be staying the entire hour and forty five minutes, four times a week to keep track of Carter and his  infamous blood sugar.
Why? 
Because this morning he went from 360 to 95 in less than an hour.  
That's why.
(Now if I could just keep him from going to 360.  His morning spikes will be the bane of my summer.)

Tomorrow I will pack more snacks and water bottles to keep the other two entertained, along with maybe some coloring books and an I-pad.
I might have to pack a side of beef too...just to keep Andrew fed on the way home.  I was certain he was going to start chewing on the leather seats by the time we made it to our driveway  Cocoa Pebbles aren't going to cut it for breakfast anymore.

Andrew was moved to the highest swimming group this year.  He was beaming in his new speedo- really he was.  Carter is in the youngest-lowest group and was thrilled I tell you, THRILLED, to be one of the fastest in his lane.  I'm grateful for the confidence builder slow six year olds can be. 

For me...I'm hoping to get tan legs out of this time commitment. 
That and I'll get to wear my new floppy sun hat Steve bought for me in California.  

1 comment:

  1. Your house looks soooooo great Jill!!! I'm heading your way in 3 weeks for 2.5 weeks. Would love to come see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete