It's hot here.
By afternoon, swim lessons are done, chores are "done" and the kids are itching for something to do. Because of some small hiccups with cleaning their rooms, the boys are not allowed to watch tv (I'm a tyrant) so...the only logical thing to do is play outside in our cheap kiddi pool that has killed more spots in our lawn than I care to share.
By the the looks on those faces, I don't think they are missing the tv.
Yes...Andrew is swimming in his shorts. Notice the lawn mower all by itself in the background? He was supposed to be mowing, but it got too hot and pool full of grassy water is just too tempting.
I'm hanging my head in modesty shame over the fact that my daughters tummy is showing while wearing a swimsuit. It was either her tummy or her nipples. I chose the tummy.
I think the water was a little cold.
Not quite sure how this pool is surviving these four kids.
It was worth every penny.
Had the camera out so I snapped a garden shot. My squash is taking over, but my zucchini died. How in the world do you kill zucchini?
The front yard.
The flowers are still growing and I'm hoping they all last the rest of the summer.
My hanging baskets have risen to a new level of high maintenance as they now require watering three times a day. I can't leave town because of my silly flowers. Its a little ridiculous.
Before I killed the zucchini plants, I harvested enough to make a batch of bread.
My kids were in heaven as this is the end-all-beat-all best zucchini bread in the world. This is NOT an exaggeration. It is soft with perfect texture in the middle with a crunchy delicious top.
Seriously the best.
Unfortunately it is NOT gluten free and I can't duplicate it gluten free.
I have tried...many times. The taste is close, but the texture is way off.
Carter danced and cheered when he smelled this in the oven and after I answered the most important question the correct way, "No Carter...it is not gluten free."
Wheat flour is a beautiful thing.
Did I mention Colby started violin this summer?
He's pretty adorable...but needs to remember to keep that violin up.
I'm envious of my childrens' young brains and how they can pick up a new skill quickly. By brain has since left that phase. I have a hard enough time remembering to remind him to practice, let alone try and play a new instrument.
He's becoming a rock star with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stare"- trust me.
Yes...we take naked dolls to Costco.
The best pizza I have had in almost a year.
Hoping I can pick up a bunch more next time I am in Boise.
Yet another new swimsuit.
I have an addiction....but in my defense it is for next year.
We've been going through all the boy's clothes in preparation for a new school year.
I had Andrew try on his clothes that fit this last spring. It seems he grew ape arms over the summer. He will be getting new clothes come this winter- ones with longer sleeves.
Lastly, it has become a habit for Princess Saylor to crawl into bed with Steve and I most nights.
Last night, neither of us were willing to put her back in her own bed. (Steve put her back once, but it didn't stick) Anyone have two year old repellent they are willing to share?
This would have NEVER flown with the boys. I'm not sure what it is going to take to keep her in her own bed and even more, I think Steve and I are both too tired to enforce it.
The too tired thing is the reason Lucy keeps ending up in our bed. I enforce the back to her own bed whenever I have enough energy. Who am I kidding...that is never!
ReplyDelete