In a moment of insanity, Steve and I decided to join some friends at the drive-in movie theatre Saturday night. The kids were ecstatic, happy, giddy and all together ridiculously overjoyed that we would watch a movie way too late at night, in our pj's, from the back of our car, all why enjoying the smell and sights reminiscent of a county fair.
What more fun could a family have in southern Idaho?
Because Carter and Andrew staked out the back of the Acadia...
and Saylor didn't really care where she was sitting (or whether it faced the movie screen or not- she fell asleep on the way over)...
Colby tried staking out a few non-traditional places to watch the movie.
I vetoed this one.
And I also vetoed another spot that needs a little bit of back story.
Once upon a time, when I was 17 I may or may not have gone to the drive-in with a boy...and not watched a bit of the movie. That boy and his beautiful wife may or may not be one of Steve and I's friends. That boy and his beautiful wife may or may not have parked their truck next to our car Saturday night at the drive in. Colby may or may not have asked to sit in the back of their truck. I may or may not have not said, "I don't think any Dixon should sit in the back of a truck at a drive in with a "beep" (name withheld to protect the innocent).
We may or may not have laughed our heads off.
Moral of story for my children: DO NOT do anything on a date that you will be embarressed to see that date and look them and/or their spouse in the eye when you see them 17 years later. Because...you WILL see them later. You might even go with the drive-in with their family.
Second learning experience for my children from the evening:
If you don't want a picture like this posted for all posterity to see...don't make this face.
Earlier on Saturday, Andrew mowed my parents' three acre lawn for like the millionth time...and finally earned enough money to pay for half his new bike.
Steve and I paid for half for his birthday in August.
He has been happy to ride ever since.
But, he is wearing his helmet even though this picture shows otherwise.
I was happy to take pictures of my kids.
We took some before we headed to the park Sunday evening to fly kites and some at the park.
Here are a few of my favorites from Sunday night.
My cute girl.
My cowboy eating a cookie.
Andrew testing out his monkey skills.
His tongue hanging out helps I guess.
Steve checking the kite for rips.
It's good.
He made it to the top.
Cute 8 year old.
"Helping" Saylor on the swings.
Helping might be over-rated.
I'll just swing myself.
The crew.
It is dang impossible to get a decent picture of these four!
Our family really does have monkey skills.
The kites didn't last long...we heard thunder.
Kites and lightening don't mix.
We headed home shortly after arriving.
But we apparently didn't leave soon enough.
Yes, this is what you think it is.
And so is this.
My children could not hold it for the 1/2 mile trip home.
"Mom, I bet you can get a shot of me while I'm running!"
"I bet it CAN!"
Cute girl in her church clothes, minus her sweater.
Lastly, we stopped by the office to take a picture.
As of 7-1-12, this is how the new office looks.
The windows and masonry will be up next.
This is your Mom and I'm pretty sure you are glad that I have decided to hold my comment to myself.
ReplyDeleteThis is not your mom and I still remember that night from 17 years ago.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that I have to be friends with all of "that boys" old girlfriends and why is it that they are all really cool? Love you Jill!
ReplyDeleteNice.... and Classy. Favorite Part just may be the MORAL of the story. I think I may just chuckle about this for the rest of the week. :)
ReplyDelete