Friday, September 14, 2012

Magic Mountain...Man am I glad I didn't have to run it.

Andrew's second cross country meet was yesterday at Magic Mountain ski hill about an hour south of Twin.  The race consisted of running up the hill, and then running down.
I was really happy I was just there to watch.

 If nothing else, besides the reiteration of how I don't like even the thought of exercise, yesterday taught me how truly nerdy I am.  Andrew wanted nothing to do with me and ignored me until I practically yelled in his face to turn around for this picture.  I am even more embarrassing than last year...I must be doing something right.  


Here he was lining up with his team.  I'm not sure what they were doing, but it must have been some form of middle school grooming ritual. 


Look closely again...are thy picking bugs off one another?  I had an image of orangutans at the zoo..but without the feasting on the plucked bugs.  I realize that is a disgusting image to compare to 12 year old boys...but I'm not the one doing the grooming.

And they were off!  Bug free and ready to go!

While we waited the 13 or so minutes for the boys to complete their race, I tried to snap a few pictures of the other kiddos.  They weren't compliant.  Something about the fresh mountain air that makes my children camera shy and irritable.

This is the best I could get of Miss Priss. 
Little stinker.

Finally Andrew came into view.  He knew this boy was close behind him and would stop at nothing to keep him from passing. 

I was impressed at his sprinting stamina!  Way to leave that kid in the dust Andrew.
Andrew came in 30th overall and 3rd for his team.  He told me on the way home, his goal was to be in the top 20 by the end of the season.  I'm sure he'll do it!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Andrew! I am picturing a triathlon in your future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Jill! And way-to-go Andrew!

    ReplyDelete