Andrew's first cross country meet was yesterday. I had plans to go with my parents. However, Thursday Saylor was up most of the night with a weak cough and her breathing turned shallow, fast and labored. Friday morning I luckily got her an appointment with our family physician. (The pediatricians office couldn't see her until 6 pm. I'm not loving our pediatricians office.) After a nebulizer treatment, chest x-ray, and steroid and antibiotic prescriptions we were free to go home. Saylor had a bronchial infection that has caused bronchial spasms and inhibited her ability to breath...oh joy. She is doing tons better today and luckily her chest x-ray came back negative for pneumonia.
But...I missed Andrew's meet.
I'm so happy my parents went in my absence and watched Andrew run. I frequently received text messages from my mom keeping me posted on his progress. There were well over 100 seventh and eight graders running and Andrew came in 47th overall and 3rd in his school. I'm proud of his hard effort and I know he'll do even better in his future meets. (There are lots of them.)
With the messages from my mom, came a few pictures of the trip home. My parents are a blast and spoiled Andrew and my niece Holly on the way home. Here is some pictorial evidence.
After the race.
At the Mexican restaurant.
He would have eaten Wendy's with me- so he is lucky!
Um...not quite sure why this picture, but you never quite know with my dad.
Ice cream in Shoshone.
Thank you Mom and Dad for watching Andrew run and bringing him home yesterday. I know he will remember this fun always!
Poor Saylor. Glad she is on her way to recovery though. And how cool are your parents?!? So glad they could go in your absence. At least you will have a lot of opportunities to watch him run and improve in the future!
ReplyDeletePoor Say Say and mom too! I hope she feels better soon! Great job to Andrew for being great at another thing! SO AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteYour dad rocks.
ReplyDelete