Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Twin Falls County Fair

Last Thursday afternoon after we got home from the lake, Steve took the kids to the county fair.
I stayed home and took a nap.
It was a win-win situation.
Steve had asked if I wanted to go and I replied as such:
Smelly people, smelly farm animals, smelly food I can't eat...no thanks, I'll stay home if that's ok with you.
He was fine with it.  Nobody wants a fun sucker with them at the fair.
The Dixon crew had a great time.  I'm grateful my children have one fun parent who will make memories like these with them. 
My nap was awesome.  I woke up not knowing where I was.  :)

Here are a few scenes from the fair...
Cute Colby Boy

I call this "nausea on a little seat held by four tiny ropes"

Cruising 

Baby's first tramp stamp

"Mommy!  I fed all those doats!"
Steve relayed the story how Saylor put a little food in her hand at a time and fed every single goat in the pen.   The girl has some sweet goat whispering skills.

The crew and their treats.  
Steve forgot to take a picture of all three boys eating "Steak on a Stick".
I would rename it "Highway Robbery on a Stick"...each stick was $8.  
Only at the fair would that seem reasonable.  
Thanks Steve for taking my kids so I could sleep and do what I wanted for 3 hours.  Next time, feel free to stay longer!


***********
First day of school teaser:

Colby while picking out his clothes for the first day:  Mom, do you have any Manly Smell Spray?  I want to spray some on my shirt so I can smell more manly.

No comments:

Post a Comment