There are three things going on in my life at the moment.
Only three things I have time for and the rest is going to grass.
These three things take up all my time, energy and have become an obsession.
1. Eating
2. Sleeping
3. Running my kids everywhere they need to be. (aka Tiger Mom Syndrome)
1. Eating
I wake up thinking about food. What am I going to eat? How much of it will I eat? When will I be hungry again? How much weight will this cause me to gain? But, the truly sad part of this harsh reality is me not making any of this obsessed over food. ALL I want to do is go out to eat. The thought of preparing food (beyond cold cereal, eggs and grilled cheese) is nauseating.
Confession A: I ate out for three lunches last week. I met different friends for Cafe Rio twice and Carinoes once.
Confession B: Steve took my out on my birthday last Saturday to CK's in Sun Valley. I ordered as steak and two desserts. It was delicious!
Confession C: I ate out for a birthday dinner with friends (three of us share September birthdays) at Jakers Monday night late.
Confession D: Yesterday I got a gluten free sandwich at a new place downtown. And...today, I ate an un-which at Jimmy Johns.
I'm not sure how much more my bank account can take my inability to eat at home.
2. Sleeping
I require a nap everyday. If I don't get a nap I am a raving lunatic by dinnertime. (maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have to fix food for six people. Ick.) I HAVE to be in bed by 10pm if I want to be even half way rational the next morning. By 8:30 this morning, I was ready to crawl back into bed...but alas, I had to work on #3.
3. Running my Kids Around
My children are involved in too many activities. I have become the mother I swore I never would be. Part of this insanity driving is making sure Carter's blood sugar is controlled, but the rest is pure self inflicted craziness. School, cross country, violin, guitar, piano, piano, scouts, YM's and the newest addition- water polo are kicking my trash. Swim team doesn't start until November. (I hope I'm alive by then.) By the time 10pm comes around, Steve and I look at each other and thank our lucky stars we made it through another day without leaving someone behind or forgetting a child somewhere. Steve thankfully, is taking the cross country meet tomorrow. Andrew has expressed his desire to have all of us there. If he doesn't know that I will be sleeping through his track meet...it won't hurt him. Right?
13 years ago
You should read the tiger mom book. It will make you feel happy that in fact, it could be a whole heck of alot worse. you haven't quite made it to the realm of finding the right piano for your kids to practice on while traveling across the country. And making said kids practice for hours at at time at each city. It really was an eye opening book. But yes, give yourself a break, you are no where near tiger mom! PS you must have lots of friends.
ReplyDeleteYou need to slow down lady! I dont mean on food and sleep either....Youre a crazy lady and a fantastic mom and wife! Your family is so lucky to have you! Youre amazing!
ReplyDeleteOh, the food. I am all about the food these days too. I just don't have that many friends to eat out with. haha!! So I just buy pumpkin pie at Costco or eat the whole peach pie my mom made us. oops. truly eating for two, yesiree!!!
ReplyDelete