You would think I would get oodles accomplished on days home from school.
I didn't...except for having one pregnancy crazy clean out of my hall closet. The boys digging through the disaster and leaving it even worse than it was proved to be more than I could take. I found much satisfaction in throwing out a massive garbage bag full of broken crayons, dried up markers and other crafty crap I will never use.
Now there is an empty place in my closet just waiting for me to fill with even more useless junk.
The rest of the day was filled with "whatever" and pretty much everyone enjoyed staying in their pjs or clothes that likened sleepwear.

Saylor wore this beauty of an outfit, styled by her eldest brother. The tu-tu is from her newborn days. I didn't know elastic could stretch quite that much!
Monday night after I received a "come see our cute baby rabbits" text from my friend Kerianne, we headed out for FHE. If you can call bombarding another family at a moments notice to spend time at their unofficial petting zoo family home evening. The kids saw chickens, turkeys, baby rabbits, ducks and goats. (I will forever think of them as "doats" in my head because that is how Say Say pronounces it.) I'm happy to report that nobody was peed on by the rabbits or pecked by the chickens. However, Carter did jump into the pasture and spent a good 60 seconds being chased by a charging goat. And 60 seconds being chased by a goat is A LONG TIME! I couldn't tell if he was laughing or screaming as he ran faster than I have ever seen him run before. Steve and I might have to invest in a goat if Carter thinks about starting a professional running career. We couldn't believe how fast he was moving. It was honestly one of the top 10 funniest things I have ever witnessed. I would give cold hard cash to have that on film. We might have to pay the goat another visit, just to laugh that hard again.
Saylor wore this beauty of an outfit, styled by her eldest brother. The tu-tu is from her newborn days. I didn't know elastic could stretch quite that much!
Monday night after I received a "come see our cute baby rabbits" text from my friend Kerianne, we headed out for FHE. If you can call bombarding another family at a moments notice to spend time at their unofficial petting zoo family home evening. The kids saw chickens, turkeys, baby rabbits, ducks and goats. (I will forever think of them as "doats" in my head because that is how Say Say pronounces it.) I'm happy to report that nobody was peed on by the rabbits or pecked by the chickens. However, Carter did jump into the pasture and spent a good 60 seconds being chased by a charging goat. And 60 seconds being chased by a goat is A LONG TIME! I couldn't tell if he was laughing or screaming as he ran faster than I have ever seen him run before. Steve and I might have to invest in a goat if Carter thinks about starting a professional running career. We couldn't believe how fast he was moving. It was honestly one of the top 10 funniest things I have ever witnessed. I would give cold hard cash to have that on film. We might have to pay the goat another visit, just to laugh that hard again.
Earlier in the long weekend, Steve and I spent some time walking through the new office checking out the progress. The walls are painted, pre-touch up of course, the cabinets are mostly in and the trim is being hung and will be stained soon. I am amazed with the progress and Steve can hardly contain his excitement...even though he won't admit it. He's giddy.
Here is a shot of the sterilization room that houses pass through cabinets adjacent the exam rooms.
I've decided these are a miraculous invention and I believe in my next house I will have these built into the kitchen.
My mother always told me she wanted to feed us five kids with stanchions. I've improved on the idea. Each child gets their own pass through cabinet. Whatever is in the cabinet for the day, they can eat. I don't have to watch them eat it or have them fight over who gets the last one of whatever. They can take their cafeteria type tray and sit down an eat what they get. (I'm going to have to swipe some trays from our elementary school.) I will happily be in the other room eating ice cream and bon bons...and watching a movie my children will hate. Joy.
No more digging through the pantry. No more leaving the refrigerator open. No more coming into the kitchen while I am fixing dinner complaining about what I am making...and then offering a different suggestion. I will never have to see their cute little faces at meal times again. I'll make what I want...put it in the cabinet...and walk away. Hurray!
This is a shot of the reception area. Its a truly poor picture because the lights were not finished in the waiting room. The blank wood panel is going to be finished with cherry stained alder. It's going to be amazing, as is the slab of quarts covering the reception area. I can't wait to see it finished.
View of exam room hallway. Anyone who has been in in our current office can jump for joy with me. This is going to be fantastic!!!
(we are excited...if you couldn't tell)
Lastly...this is how I roll with technology. Camera phones are not just for inappropriate Walmart pictures. This is a pretty typical picture I will send my sister.
"Hey Jolyn, does this shirt make me look fat?"
"Will it go with my black skirt?"
"What color would you buy?"
"Why can't you live in Twin already! Gee Whiz!"
Sisters are awesome for this type of thing.
you look to totally HOT in that shirt, great color on you and it would look awesome with a skirt!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, maybe your cousin Brent shouldn't be writing such smutting things on your blog :-) (love you Maurisa!) and speaking of the shirt, when you're too pregnant to wear it, send it my way! I'll try to squeeze myself into it without looking too much like a sausage casing. Love you Jill!
ReplyDelete