Carter has the stomach flu. It started in yesterday afternoon after we most likely exposed every person swimming at the city pool. You're welcome. Honestly, if I had know he was going to chuck when he got home, I wouldn't have taken him. We obviously didn't go swimming today (our only real plans) and we most likely won't step near a pool until later next week.
Diabetically, he is doing great. His numbers haven't dropped below 80 and haven't been above 200. My comfort zone with diabetes and the stomach flu has grown greatly in the last six years. Just the thought of it when Carter was first diagnosed raised my anxiety level to the point of panic. Now, luckily, I know to turn his pump almost completely off and ride the coaster. He's currently sitting on the couch after a huge nap, playing the Ipad sipping bright blue Gatorade. (please don't throw that bright blue up all over my carpet)
I'm waiting patiently for my other kids to come down with the "yucks" and have found myself fixing the last few meals with the thought of "Hmmm. How do I feel about this meal if it comes back up?" Needless to say, we haven't had macaroni and cheese, pizza, or raisins...all things I have cleaned up in the past.
I feel even worse about this flu bug because it came during my nephews visit. Andrew has been at scout camp and therefore Carter and Wyatt have ruled the house this week. They have had a blast playing in the back yard, making cardboard weapons of "not so mass destruction" and having free reign of the Wii. Sadly, I sent Wyatt back to Boise today because I figured if he got the flu, he would be happier puking at his own house with his own mother. I know I would have as a kid. Sorry JaNae for possible giving your family another round of the flu.
Other than intermittent sickness, things have been slow around here. If...you can call getting a call from my sweet neighbor sharing concern about Colby's new swearing problem slow. It's most unfortunate that his swear word of choice have been learned from yours truly. He apparently told the neighbor girls that the "B" word was ok to use because his mom says it all the time. NICE. For the record, I do not say it ALL the time, but it has been known to slip lovingly off my tongue in the presence of my offspring. (Do I need to link my previous "I swear" post?) Colby and I had an in depth talk today about repentance and proper language. I will be trying extra extra hard to keep my mouth clean in the future for my own spiritual, physical and mental well being. That, and I promised Carter and Colby 50 cents every time they caught me swearing. Keeping my swear words to myself is also good for my financial well being.
Also good for my well being was attending the trek fireside last night with my parents. I wasn't able to attend our stake's trek in Martins Cove this year because I had Grady, and last night I was able to get a small taste of what our youth and their wonderful leaders experienced. The feeling was phenomenal. (Do I feel guilty writing about trek in the same post as my swearing problem...yes. Is it going to stop me...no.) Hearing testimonies from a few participants that went was uplifting in a way that I didn't realize I needed. I came home refreshed and spiritually inspired. It made my ache for my children to have that experience and for me to go with them. I know one day Steve and I will be asked to participate on a trek, especially with Carter, and I hope I can absorb all the spiritual knowledge that I can. I often feel like a spiritual infant. I know there is so much more I can and need to learn. Feeling the spirit like I did last night made me want to do better and be a better person. I know I should get this feeling every time I attend a church meeting, but because of my own weakness and lack of preparation, I do not. It's my own fault. Oh...do I have a lot to learn and a lot to work on. Tonight I'm grateful for repentance and for a loving Heavenly Father that knows the intent of my heart and is willing to forgive me for my many many short comings.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment