Saturday, July 6, 2013

For My Sisters

Today I drove with my parents and three youngest kiddos to the Paul Dean and Elma Walker family reunion held in Pocatello.  Steve, Andrew and Carter were unable to attend as they were at Kane lake backpacking with the deacons of our ward.  
The reunion was really wonderful to attend as I haven't seen most of my cousins since my grandmother's funeral more than two years ago.  
I have a fabulous extended family and I wish I could hang out with them more often.  It was fun to catch up and see how everyone's families are growing and changing.  
(Funny emotions I didn't expect to come over me...I missed my grandparents...a lot.  My heart ached to hear my grandpa laugh and to be able to talk to my grandma.  My mom also commented how she missed seeing the serving dishes with the initials EW that were brought by my grandma.  It was bitter sweet.  Paul and Elma were missed today!)

Unfortunately, JaNae's family came down with a stomach bug and wasn't able to drive down from Boise.  Jolyn's family obviously couldn't come as they live in Missouri.  
So...for my darling sisters who missed out and were missed today, here are a boat load of pictures just for you!


 Who knew a special needs swing could be so dang fun!  

 Cousins are always good for a push!

 Dawson having a great time!

 Meg and Bentley

 Spoils from the candy cannon.

 This is Anthony. 
I contemplated stealing him all day long.

 Kids waiting for the candy cannon to go off again!

 Water balloon launcher!

 Good stories!

 Keith and the cannon!

 Robert.
(he was mad at me every time I took his picture)

 Jon and his clone.

 Cute cute cousins...and Grady.

 Do we claim this guy?

 Brandon.

 Love this man.

 Brent, Brittany, and Brook

 Ivy
We all thought she and Saylor look similar.

 Love this woman!

 Myriam

 Charlie and Cindy

 Mom and Dad...and Grady.

 Jen and Ron

 Darren
I could have stole him too.

 Jared

 Me, Saylor...and Grady

 This is my cousin's wife Kelly.
Her due date is in seven...yes...seven days.
  She looked AMAZING!

 Beautiful Ashley

 Gary, Keith, Ron and Robert.
(Three of the brothers didn't know they were supposed to pull a face!)

 Dean!!!!!

 Logan...seriously the friendliest happiest kid I have ever met.  
I could have taken him home too.  Its a good thing I didn't steal all the kids I wanted to...I would have had a dozen.  
 Jon, Caprice and Bentley

 Dad, Jan, Cindy and Charlie

More candy cannon fun.

Jeff, JaNae, Walker, Whitney Wyatt, Wes, Dan, Jolyn, Sadie, Leah and Grant...WE MISSED YOU!
We'll see you at the next reunion.  Two years from now, same time, same place!

No comments:

Post a Comment