Saturday morning I headed to Boise with my three youngest and my parents (sounds a lot like last weekend but in the opposite direction) and Steve took the two oldest to a swim meet in Rupert. I would have gone to the swim meet, but babies and the sun for 5 hours do not mix.
JaNae, Jeff, Mom, Dad and I went to lunch while JaNae's kids watched (played) with Colby and Saylor. My kids ADORE their Johnson cousins and were just happy to play. After lunch, JaNae, Mom and I shopped around Eagle a little. We hit RC Willey (dreamed for new furniture), Thai Pan Trading and Hobby Lobby. I have a few ideas for decorating our compter room and since I don't have decorating ideas very often, I figure I better run with it.
One of the only pictures I took while shopping...other than the many couches I'd love to own.
Grady owned this sombrero.
I think it works well with the binky.
Steve on the other hand took lots of swimming pictures and texted me a few to keep me posted on the boy's racing progress.
Andrew's start.
Steve only got his feet.
Carter's front crawl.
Carter's start.
Andrew's butterfly.
This is pictorial proof that he has improved a lot since last year.
Carter under water.
Touching the wall...or maybe this was a turn. I'm not sure what it is, but I love the action shot.
Andrew did great and came in 1st in every heat he competed in.
We're not sure if he won anything overall. They didn't announce the official winners.
Carter did equally great and placed 2nd or 3rd in almost every heat he competed in. I'm so proud of Carter! He was apprehensive about racing this year and even vowed to not try the butterfly. Andrew was super supportive and convinced him to race every stroke. I love when my boys are encouraging with one another and decide they can do hard things.
Lastly worth noting this weekend is Grady's first hair cut.
His long newborn locks were getting ridiculous and this morning I caved and asked Steve to cut his hair.
The new do.
I think it makes Grady look older. Boo.
The damage.
We cut about an inch off the top.
Grady's hair is now lighter (all his newborn black tips are gone) and thicker looking. But even though it is shorter...it still sticks straight up.
This kid is bound to have a mohawk for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment