Wednesday, July 31, 2013

3 conversations and a wasp killing I want to remember

#1
After being on the lake Friday afternoon, Gary Sr. came up to me smiling and suggested that I should ask Andrew what the girls in the canoe were asking him.

Hmmm....girls in a canoe talking to my son.  Yeah, that might warrant a small conversation.

Steve and I while driving back to the rental house fed Andrew mass quantities of York Peppermint Patties (his favorite candy lately) in hopes the sugar would sweeten him up enough to spill his guts.
He spilled.
The two girls in a canoe wanted to know:  how old he was, where he was from and his phone number.
He told them:  almost 13, from Twin Falls, and that he didn't have a phone.
One of the girls was apparently relieved that she and Andrew were from the same state...oh brother.
Later one of the girl's mother came up to Andrew and told him her daughter thought he was cute.  He didn't answer her.  I told him next time someone tells him they think he is cute to answer back, 
"So does my mother."  
He laughed pretty hard about that one...suprized he didn't spray peppermint patty.

I'm guessing situations like this are going to happen more often than not just because of Andrew's age.  I'm finding out real quick that young girls can be...how did my mother describe it...rash.


#2
Tonight Carter was complaining about the injustices of life and how Andrew getting to go to a movie with friends on his birthday wasn't fair because it would count as a party.  
Once again...oh brother.
I reminded Carter that life is indeed NOT FAIR. 
It is just better for us to be happy with what we have been given and not worry about what other people have that we don't.  We would be miserable all the time if we did worry about such things.
For instance, I explained to him, I would be grumpy all the time if I dwelt on every person in Twin Falls that had a nicer house or nicer car than me.  I then winked at him and Andrew and mentioned how miserable I would be if I thought about all the moms out there that have cuter sons than me.  He and Andrew cracked huge grins while protesting how unlikely that situation would be.


#3
This wasn't a conversation per say, but it was hilarious just the same.
I had a raging case of hiccups yesterday that didn't let up even when I had to feed Grady.
Every time I would hiccup, Grady would stop eating, look up at me and giggle hysterically. 
Seriously- one of the top ten cutest things I have ever witnessed in my life.



Wasp Killing

While mowing my parents lawn yesterday, Andrew was stung three times by wasps.  The evil buggers had made a nest in the front pine tree and defended it from an innocent lawn boy just passing through.  They also attacked my cute six year old nephew as he walked passed the tree earlier in the weekend...right between the eyes.  Poor kid.
Andrew had to make a wide swath around the tree.  You can see how he left a huge long spot on the lawn for fear of being stung again.
My mom, Andrew and I waited until later in the evening to get back at the wasps.  Andrew took some far shooting wasp spray and killed the suckers.  I think it made him feel better about his swollen hands and back.  I screamed like a little girl when the wasps did their crazy death dance after being sprayed.  I might have run faster than I have in a while too.
I'm such a pansy.



No comments:

Post a Comment