Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Saturday was a special day...it was Carter's birthday

 Even though Steve and I were home late Friday night, the kids spent the night at my parents.  They were excited about seeing their Johnson cousins early Saturday morning.
I stayed home working on the "I've been gone" catchup and didn't show up to my parents until around 11am Saturday.
The kids were outside enjoying the beautiful weather and fall leaves.  My parents yard is a leaf haven.

I wouldn't let Colby give his cousin bunny ears so he did it to himself.

The best buds.

 Saylor and her right hip.
Whit is a trooper and puts up with Saylor's feisty whims.

 Piling leaves for a soft landing.

 Getting ready to jump.





 The oldest grandchild with the youngest.

I likes Whitney's flippy hair in this picture.
I also like Saylors backwards shirt that she claimed I taught her to wear this way.  Nice try Saylor Girl.

 
Grady and JaNae

My mom had all the grandkids cutting teasel weed from the canyon edge (but not too close to the edge) to spray paint and make into Halloween spiders.  The kids loved this project.

Walker and Dad driving off to run errands.
They are too cool for spider crafts.

The best part of the day was when Andrew finished helping with two Eagle projects and came home just to leave again with my dad, Walker and Holly.  They did baptisms at the temple for family names.
Pretty sweet.

Ok...maybe the best part of the day was celebrating Carter's 10th birthday with cousins.
It was really (really) low key...we didn't even have candles...but Carter was happy like he always is.
He chose a pumpkin pie over cake and relished in his cold hard cash.
He promptly handed the money over to help pay for his half of his new I-pod.
  (I used the $$$ to buy groceries.  Boring.)

Cousins are sweet.

So is Pie.

We arrived home late Saturday night.  As the kids were getting ready for bed, Colby started monkeying around with Steve.  They had an epic battle of head-bunt wars.  Colby won hands down.

The next thing I knew, I looked up and Colby was climbing the walls.
This kid really is a monkey...or squirrel.

Lastly, Sunday morning we sang to Carter again at breakfast.  His birthday was extended into three days!  It finished off yesterday when I took in donuts to his class. 
Love my 10 year old!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to show Dean the picture of Colby climbing the door frame! He loves to do that. And I loved seeing you guys making the spiders with grandma and grandpa. They brought us some teasel weed last year and we made them, it's my kids favorite part of decorating now.

    ReplyDelete