Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

First off, I must start with a pre-weekend picture.  When I was at the gyn's office getting massive drugs, I received this picture.  I was too loopy to think about it, but my friend Deanna was worried I would think Grady was really driving around on a power wheels with Colby.  Guess what?  I didn't think twice about it.  14 month old driving?  Sounds good to me!
Pain=Drugs=Jill doesn't care what her kids are doing.  
Hence why I should never have elective surgery again. EVER.  
My kids would get away with murder.

These blooms won't be around for long and I'm enjoying them as much as I can.
I love this silly bush in the back yard.  It was planted in the front flowerbeds, years ago but then I changed my mind.  Steve was supposed to rip it out and chuck it.  He planted it on our property line instead.  It's grown like crazy.  I will now always have a snow ball bush in my yard. 

This girls fashion sense cracks me up.
Iced apple juice on a hot Sunday afternoon is always fine when paired with a sun dress and winter boots.

Last night we went to Steve's brothers for a Memorial Day BBQ.  The food was wonderful, the company fantastic, and the entertainment fabulous.
The kids got bounced around by cousins.  Fun stuff!

Grady didn't jump, but spent his time lining up and stacking rocks in Mike's back yard.

Steve set up tents and slept outside with Carter, Colby and Saylor late last night.
This is what happens when everyone else is in the back yard…Andrew takes over my bed and thinks he needs a bag of hot tamales as big as him.
Good times.

This morning we met up with the Dixons and visited family graves here in Twin.

Colby helping trim Grandpa Dixon's headstone.

Carter by his great-great grandfather's grave.

 Grady being as helpful as possible.


This is as helpful as Grady gets.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get to Twin and do all the family stuff with you guys too!!!

    ReplyDelete