Saturday, November 15, 2014

Grady please stop growing…just kidding put on all the weight you want!


A few updates about my little Grady. 
Grady loves his binky…or binkies.
He must have heard Steve and I talk about taking them away  because he loves them with a vengeance now.  20 months old isn't too old for binkies right?
Grady ALWAYS has at least two with him.  One is just not enough.  If his mouth full of binky-buck teeth is empty, he runs around the house yelling, "Gigi!  Gigi!"

He also loves his blankets…the first of my children to do so.
Yesterday, he came up to me no less than thirty times asking me to wrap him back up in his blanket that fell off his shoulders.
(Or maybe he's just really cold??)

I finally took my little Grady Paul to the pediatrician for his 18 month check up.  I have been avoiding it for a while now with dread.  I just couldn't take hearing that, yet again, one of my children is underfed and/or not growing.  (By the time you get to number five the same starving child scenario at the doctor gets old…and frustrating…and brings great anxiety.  Yes, children can indeed starve themselves no matter how hard their parents try and feed them!)

However, it almost put me in tears to hear that Grady is growing perfectly at the 25th percentile and is putting on weight perfectly for his height.  No really…I had to fight back tears in the exam room.
Grady then took a HUGE nap when we got home from the doctor's office and ate a huge piece of french toast and two links of sausage when he woke up.  Take that!


This week I've been prepping for Saylor's 5th birthday party.  I only allow friend parties at ages 5, 8, 12 and 16 and Saylor turns the big FIVE on Tuesday.  
So we got ready to party it up!
We sent out invites...

We cut snowflakes...

We hung a bunch of crazy glittery stuff from our ceiling...

And right before bed last night, Saylor got an early birthday present.
Oh…she loves this Elsa dress.
(Her party deserves its own post.  I'll get to that later!)

Other notable notes this week are as follows...
Andrew, after cleaning the boys' bathroom to the cleanest it has been in months Monday morning, decided to take bathroom responsibility into his own hands and printed out this fancy check off list.
Hmmm….if you are the one to clean something, it seems to me you take a bit more pride in keeping it that way.  
I'm not sure how the new policy is going, but Carter did say he would NEVER sign that sheet.
(still laughing)

Christmas is inching closer and the kids are feeling it.  Colby put this list on the inside of my closet door.  I'm guessing it was for safe keeping.
He has since changed this list at least twice more and it now includes "A new kitchen for mom."  Brown nosing is a tangible thing at our house, and this year it just might work!

Carter and Steve signed up Carter for this sweet ski pass that he can use this entire season.  He gets three free lift tickets from each of the listed resorts.  Steve and Carter are planning a very good winter!

Thursday night we had an ice/snow storm and due to the road conditions school was canceled Friday.  My kids finally were able to use the snowman kit my mom and sister JaNae gave to us last year for Christmas.  They were happy, cold and wet!

…can I just write that I'm not ready for winter.  I'm freezing to death in my own home, I sleep with three quilts, and I dread dread dread the watery cold drippy mess that is snow clothes on my laundry room floor every winter.
Nasty snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment