Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week leading up to Halloween


Carter and Colby had parent teacher conferences on Monday.
Both boys are getting straight A's and are doing their best in school.  Happiness all around.
(Carter and Mrs. Dahlquist not pictured due to parent oversight.  She is wonderful and Carter is doing great in her class!)
Colby has Mrs. Sailors and I couldn't be happier.  Love this woman.  Love her classroom.  Love how Colby adores school.


 I think art projects like this one are my favorite.
Self portraits are priceless and I think Colby did a stellar job capturing his "true" crayon self. 
Please note that he wants to be a Brain Surgeon when he grows up.  I'm all for that goal…I have to retire somehow!  
Monday night we carved pumpkins.
This monster was grown in our own garden and lived to tell the tale of the Hail Storm of August 2014- hence the pock marks.

Yes…another picture of Steve and his gloves.
Occupational hazard.

Saylor's, Colby's and Carters from left to right.
Colby and Carter carved themselves and did a great job!
(The pumpkins were nice and rotted for last night.  They looked great!)

Tuesday night was Carter's last cub scout pack meeting as he crossed over into boy scouts.
He needs to quit getting older!


He's got a great group of 11 year old boys to be in scouts with in our ward.  This is not even half of them!

Wednesday night was a tough night.  Andrew had a time trial to try and make state for breast stroke.  He came up two seconds short.
We drowned his sorrows in a large mint Oreo blizzard.
You'll get it next year Andrew!  

Thursday was the Halloween parade and party at Perrine. 

I'm Colby's room mother and attempted my best at cute Halloween snacks.
It wasn't a complete failure…I'm not cute or crafty.  The kids made a monster donut and a mummy apple.  (I don't do frosting or cake for class parties.  Just call me Fun Sucker.)

Blurry photographic evidence that I dressed up and went to Colby's class in costume.
He said please and I couldn't resist that sweet darling face and dark eyes.

Friday night low at Target.
Good thing there are cases and cases of liquid sugar all over the store.
(We did pay for what we drank.)

Was taken this morning, but could have been any day in the last month.  Waving goodbye to Dad is a morning ritual.  Grady parks his toosh on the windowsill and waves until Steve is out of sight.
Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment