Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

In the past we have coordinated our costumes into a family affair.  This year we had an 18 month old who wouldn't even get close to a costume and a 14 year old who thinks we are lame beyond lame.  So, this Halloween, it was every man and woman for himself.   
I think we make hodge-podge Halloween look pretty darn good.

First there was the sassiest Little Red Riding Hood known to mankind.
(Thank you Grandma Walker for the best red cape EVER!)

Beware young wolves out there…this Little Red would skin you alive and wear your fur coat on a Sunday outing in the woods!
(Ever read the Roald Dahl version of Little Red Riding Hood?  It's my favorite and indeed a little twisted!  And I think my Saylor Kate would fit his crafty Red character perfectly.  I should have had a costume pistol hidden in her knickers…just for fun!)

This is Say Say doing her best "Elsa" pose.  That's who she really wanted to be.  I think she is freezing ice here.  Funny funny girl.

Love love love her.

Next was our Out Of This World Astronaut!

He made this costume look oh so good.
(Seriously this costume was a steal.  I found it on clearance and then 1/2 more off at Toy Town a month ago.  It fit like a glove.)

My Gladiator.
He paid for the helmet with his own hard earned money.
(Please note the blue Boy Scout belt as the finishing touch.  Can I laugh out loud in happiness right now?)

I think he fits more of a handsome prince type…but don't tell him that.

Crack up picture.

Messing around.
"Can we just get candy already??"

 
Andrew threw his Green Arrow costume together a couple of hours before swim practice tonight.
He even let me put makeup on him.
…not sure how I feel about the facial hair.  It will come naturally all too quickly I'm sure.

A Roman Dude…or something.
Steve really is a great sport.  He puts up with me and my Halloween shenanigans.
Thanks Steve for dressing up.  I love you and your ability to tolerate me.
(We had a party to go to Thursday night, but we had to bag out.  We had too much on our plate and too many places for our kids to be to get a baby sitter.  Maybe next year.)

The four of us who hadn't run away for candy already.


The tradition in our neighborhood is for Jeff Bulkley to pull all the kids around on his trailer.  It is INSANE and most likely a death trap…but whatever.  It's Halloween and we do crazy stuff on Halloween.

Even teenagers will trick or treat this way!

My hero and his princess.

In action.
Wait?  Is that your gladiator tummy showing?


 Us again.

Steve and the older kids went on the trailer and Grady and I stayed home…and then ended up at the Bulkley's house to hang out.
Grady started handing out candy with Deanna.   He was adorable.

It was around 9pm when they all came home.  Here is the aftermath of an evening well spent...




As I type, Steve has the kids in the car and is going shopping for toys.  They turned in their candy for money…all except the diabetic…because he has enough money already.  The money trade backfired this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment