Thursday, November 6, 2014

Not even pretending anymore

I'm not putting up airs here.  I'm behind, my house is a wreck, we're living day by day and loving it.
Today, my favorite part was Steve calling me at 11:05 telling me to pick him up for lunch. We ran over to Cafe Rio grabbed lunch and then ate in the car while we drove around and looked at cars.  We're not buying…but just looking for fun.   I found a black 2015 Honda Accord 2 door with leather that I wish I had the moola to plunk down for Steve.  Who am I kidding…it would be for me.  It was a sweet car with enough horse power for Steve to agree to.  Maybe in three or four years???
Steve also laughed at me today because I was on what he called a pre-holiday shopping mania.  I was giddy after purchasing three Christmas books and a few presents online.  Christmas is coming and I can smell it.  It's so crazy fun to have this many kids to shop for, create memories for and continue traditions with.  I love Christmas!

Ok…now to the blurry low quality pictures taken with my phone from the last few days.
Saylor loves this Elsa.
She begged for her at Costco.  I told her to ask Santa.  (Hee Hee…ask Santa…so blasted exciting!)

Swim lesson beauties.
Saylor and Laney learned the dolphin kick this week.  Watching their little bums move up and down in the water was beyond adorable.  Hurray for future swim team members and the butterfly stroke!


Family home evening.  (and I use that term loosely.) 
Laughter mixed with lectures equals love I guess.  

Carter and Andrew have figured out the best kept secret in our house.  After 9 pm Steve and I break out candy and watch netflix.  Super exciting right?   Carter joined us one night and the empty clothes basket was the most comfy place he could find to sit.

Hanging out at the pool during Saylor's swim lessons.
I swore I would never put my boys in skinny jeans.  I must recant that swear.  These red jeans are my favorite of all favorite.  Way to be trendy Grady…please don't hate me when you are older.  You know, in the way I hate my mother for putting me in flowered full body jump suits with huge white collars.  Just saying.

Somebody has a state water polo tournament this weekend and we decided to decorate his locker.
Hopefully we weren't too embarrassing!

Grady's new game. 
 He sits in the booster and buckles himself in.  Then he cries like crazy until I let him loose.  Then he starts all over again.  Good times.

Super Moon over the temple.
Carter and I caught this picture after guitar lessons tonight.  It was beautiful and the picture obviously doesn't do it justice.

Tomorrow and this weekend:   I'm taking Carter to IF for growth hormone testing early tomorrow morning.  He's not too thrilled about 1. leaving at 5:30 am, 2. fasting all the way to the dr's office and then continuing to fast for the 2 1/2 hour test and, 3. two IV's.   Steve and I just want him to be the healthiest (and tallest) he is meant to be.  This test will tell us whether his pituitary gland is working properly.   There is way to much info to go into this to write down at 9:30 pm.  My brain isn't up to it.
Saturday we are leaving for Boise for Andrew's tournament.  I'm so excited to see him play, but a little worried my mama bear claws might come out if the other teams gets too aggressive.  (I don't love stress…or anxiety…or competition…or big manly high school seniors trying to drown my son.) I'm such a wimp.


No comments:

Post a Comment