Saturday, February 21, 2015

Best Present Ever

Steve for our anniversary (17 years on the 12th of February) gave me the best gift- he had my blog from the last three years printed.  They arrived tonight.  I'm so grateful to him for him printing something that is priceless to me.  I've kept this blog since 2008 and I treasure that I've written down memories with pictures for the past seven years.  I love even more that I've gone further in the past and documented events from before 2008.  I don't want to forget our family memories!

Sadly, I feel my blog is taking a back seat lately.  It's time consuming to write as much as I have in the past with five kids and schedules mixed in with church callings and everything else that is our life right now.  (worst run-on sentence ever)  Also…Instagram is killing my blog.  Killing it!  It's fast easy, and for every 6o pictures I post a cute little book shows up at more door for only $6.  It's hard to beat that.

But I need to keep trying…just keep trying…just keep trying.



Last Saturday night Steve and I put an offer on a house across town.  It's bigger than our house and is in the price range where we feel comfortable.  It's bigger than what we could afford to build new.   We offered full price on the house, but with a contingency of our house selling.  The home owner countered back with some crazy stuff, so Steve and I declined the counter.  Tonight, a week later, I'm sad.  The house wasn't perfect, or even the style I would pick out, but was in a great neighborhood, on a fantastic lot, and would fit our family for years to come.  Our house was put back on the market Monday and we have our first showing on Tuesday.   If our house sells quickly…we will probably try another offer on that same house if it hasn't sold.   If the house is gone when ours sells…we will have to rent and most likely build something different.  I'm feeling pretty blah about the whole thing tonight.  I don't love having our house for sale, I don't like keeping it super clean, and I don't like the thought of having to move.  But for some crazy crazy reason, even though I've tried to push it out of my brain, I can't let the moving thing go.  It's time and we need a change…even if it's just into a new house down the street.  I'm feeling bi-polar about the moving thing.  One minute I'm all for it, and the next I'm scared to death.   Tonight as I type, I'm tired….so I'm blah about the whole thing.  (but a really cute tiled fireplace does brighten up the thought!)

Steve went camping with the deacons last night and Andrew had a campout with the teachers.  Andrew went to the Sun Valley area and Steve went to the church cabins in the south hills.  This morning I had visiting teaching interviews with my presidency involving the sisters in our ward.  We will finish them up after church tomorrow.  This new calling is humbling me in ways I never knew I could be humbled.  I'm learning to love the Relief Society program in ways I never knew I could love.  I've grown up (at least in my head) a lot in the past months.  Not quite sure how to express my feelings about it all without blubbering and sounding like a bawl baby…so I'll just stop right here.  

Carter is 11 and I can tell the hormones are starting to kick in as he approaching puberty.  He is emotional and moody.  He's happy and hyper one minute and surly and bossy the next.  He is also constantly eating…which stressing me out diabetically.  I'm grateful I've been through the 11 year old stage before and I know it will pass.  He is currently off the growth hormone as our insurance won't cover it, and I worry about his lack of height as he approaches middle school next year.  Two of his best friends have applied for the charter school close to our home and Carter has asked to go there too.  I put him on the list and if he makes the lottery, I will let him make the decision of where he goes to school next year.  I know he can handle the tougher curriculum at the charter school and I just want him to be happy.  Time will tell…if we did move across town he would change middle schools no matter what.

Colby is Colby…aka Squirrel.  He is a little hyper nut most of the time climbing walls and running on hyper drive most of the time.  I've had to step back (at least I'm trying to) and let him just be eight.  He recently was pulled into the principals office because one of his friends bit him on the shoulder.  The friend claimed Colby was a chicken and tasted great.  Colby and this friend are two peas in a pod.

Saylor is a dramatic five year old going on 16.  She talks constantly with her hands and everything is of the utmost importance at all times.  Shes all drama and sass.

Grady is talking and new words are coming out of his mouth all the time.  He is becoming a good eater and yesterday after eating his entire breakfast, ate my entire plate of eggs.  He's going to be a bruiser.  He's most happy when he has two or three or four binkies in is hands.  He's also recently started to really drive Saylor crazy.  His new trick is to break apart any toy scene she has so painstakingly put together.   He's Godzilla!  He's finally going into nursery without totally melting down and also gives my parents huge hugs whenever he sees them.  Grady will sit on the couch and watch for my dad if I even quietly mention the word "Grandpa"…its the cutest thing ever.

Andrew just registered for his sophomore year.  He's growing up way too fast.  He will start drivers ed as soon as he gets his Eagle project planned and he constantly hints to which cars he thinks would be appropriate for us to buy him.  Ha Ha.  Not happening.  He's a cute kid with a super deep man voice.  I often find myself freaking out for a few seconds thinking there is some man in the basement, when it is only my teenage son.  His legs are hairy, his shoulders are super broad, he flexes all the time thinking hes so buff, he has diva moments about his hair being just perfect, and I think he might officially out weigh me.  (his is muscle…mine is not.)

Can I just say that I love my family and I wish so badly that I could have a photographic memory at times so I don't forget how each of them are at each darling stage?   Time needs to slow down.  I need to quit worrying about things that don't matter and focus on my children.  I need to squish their little faces in my hands and gaze into their eyes and tell them I love them.  (I'm sure Andrew would love that!)    I need to stop time and listen to them more….really hear them.  I need to share my testimony with them more.  I need to hug them more.  I need to enjoy every minute with them.  (granted they are all fast asleep right now and nobody is fighting or whining or begging me for stuff.  It's all idealistic when they are beautifully sleeping!)

Ok…and just one cute family picture to finish this post off.


No comments:

Post a Comment