Before I write about the Priesthood session, I have to add a few notes about this week.
Spring break is over and the kids went back to school. (Can I get a high five from somebody out there???) Our schedules returned to somewhat normal and we are into the grind once again. The kids don't have a break from school until Memorial Day next month. It might be a long last nine weeks of school.
Andrew is in track and I unfortunately don't have a picture of him in his track uniform yet. He's pretty cute…adorable even. And I'm sure he would love me calling him adorable in his school cardinal and grey. He's working hard even though spring track meets are hard, long and cold.
This is totally random, but Saylor wanted to see the back of her hair before swim lessons so she asked me for the hand mirror…but didn't quite know how to see her braid. I told her I would take a picture for her. Man is her hair getting long. (And her eyes in the mirror are darling.)
Finally FINALLY the boys' new jammers came in the mail. They were screaming like Christmas morning. I never knew super tight pants would make boys so happy.
They assured me that they were WAY faster at practice.
I sent my mom this picture and told her my house was full of fairies and nuts.
This better end up on a t-shirt one day or I will be disappointed in myself.
Carter got this AMAZING trophy for winning first place in the science fair this year. I think its a good way to end his science fair career!
If there are picture like this on my fridge it must be General Conference time.
I swear this is the only time my kids will color.
But it keeps them quiet and happy…which makes me quiet and happy.
Andrew and Steve got tickets to the Priesthood session tonight. I begged for pictures and they didn't disappoint. They arrived early and had their pick of seats. Steve texted that they chose the back row on the isle so they could get out fast and have good access to the bathrooms. I'm afraid my claustrophobia might be rubbing off on them a little!
Before conference they hung out at City Creek (so so so jealous) and then went to the Lion House for dinner. It's cafeteria style and they sent me a picture of their dinner. I am not surprised by their choices. If I had to pick out ANY dinner for Steve it would be fried chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls and lemon dessert…with a cold root beer. Now the orange jello? That was a surprise!
This picture made me crave pie…so I mad myself an apple crisp. It was the next best thing.
View from the boys' seats.
After the session the boys went out for more food at a place Steve and I used to eat at all the time when we were first married. We worked at Spaghetti Factory just down the road at Trolley Square and after our Saturday night shift, we would often go and split an order of ice cream and fries.
I hope tomorrow on their way home from Salt Lake Steve takes Andrew past the three apartment complexes we rented from in the five years we lived in Utah. Some were definitely scarier than others.
8th east and South temple was not the best decision we ever made. The El Caliente apartments were a total nasty dive. The fourplex close to Fort Union was much nicer, and Andrew was born while we lived there. Good memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment