It's been a long week and the roller coaster ride of house showing has taken its toll. It sounds silly, but showing my house makes me feel bipolar. The highs are really high (oh man, somebody might put an offer on my house) and the lows are just as low (I just waisted three hours of my life cleaning and this house is still unsellable. Yeah…I'm real optimist.)
Then after I get over the showing being for nothing and resolve myself to be happy as things are…the house shows again. It's a vicious cycle and sometimes I feel it's sucking my will to live.
(There's that optimism shining through again.)
But as I look through my candid camera pictures I realize, as always, that my life is full and good. And my house not selling really doesn't matter. It's inconvenient. It's not what I want at the moment. It's annoying…but it's not truly important.
The following pictures are things that made me happy this week.
My daughter has discovered a love for Chick-fil-A hash-browns, but we call them tots.
They are only served in the morning and I am more than happy to go get them for her and pick up a soda for me…in the early hours of the day.
Glad I have a junk food buddy.
Walked in on Andrew reading his scripture for seminary. There's nothing quite like your children learning to love the gospel to make your parental heart swell. His seminary teacher is a good friend of mine and I'm so grateful to her for all the time, effort, sacrifice and love she puts into her class. I also appreciate her nagging about scripture reading so I don't have to! Much love goes out to Deanna today!
This kid (when he's not screaming) makes me ridiculously happy. I'm trying to appreciate his babyhood as much as possible. As I look at picture of my older kids when they were little I realize how fast it all goes.
Stay little Grady…at least for a while longer.
These two swam over a mile Friday afternoon for their swimming fundraiser.
They gave it their all…and I'm sure their super tight swim suits helped a little. (wink wink) How they love their speedy jammers.
After the Aquathon they had a cold cereal feast. They pounded their Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops.
Carter's blood sugar had dropped 75 points while he was swimming so I was grateful for the sugar bomb afterward to help him out.
Saturday morning I re-cleaned out the flowerbeds (stupid weeds) and worked on cleaning out the garden space a little. Steve and I went to buy mulch to put around our shrubs and while at the nursery I found the hanging baskets I wanted. Its a little early to buy baskets, but they make me ridiculously happy. I dropped a wad on flowers and they were worth every penny. I'll have to baby them for a while and take them inside the garage on the nights when it might drop below freezing, but I got first pick of the baskets! This morning I'm eyeing a spot on my back porch that might get enough sun to warrant buying another basket. Four baskets isn't obsessive is it???
JaNae was here and left her mark on the road in front of my house. As she squealed away, I had flashbacks from high school. It was awesome. I might have to get a stick shift so I can do this too!
These two continue to have a darling relationship that I treasure watching.
Here Andrew was showing Grady pictures of fast cars along with instructing him with names and purchase prices. Grady is going to be an expert.
I know that Andrew will be gone before I know it and Grady will grow up mostly without his oldest brother around. Grady will only be six when Andrew can leave on his mission. That makes my heart hurt just typing that.
But for now, it is the absolute best seeing these two be best buddies.
Grady was doing his best to do push ups just like Andrew.
Speaking of Andrew, last night he went to the movies with a big group of friends and then they went to the stake dance in Kimberly.
I had to screen shot this picture from Instagram, otherwise I would never get it. Following Andrew's friends has its perks.
(PS…it didn't count as dating because there was an uneven number of girls and boys. At least that's what Andrew and his friends claimed.)
Lastly…how can a mousse crown not make one happy?
No comments:
Post a Comment