Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring is Bipolar

First things first…let me talk about Andrew and his pond obsession.
That pretty much sums it up…he's obsessed and he thinks I'm going to let him get one in the back yard.  Fat chance, but I'm letting him dream anyways.  The minute chance of him getting outdoor fish makes him more willing to help around the house, so I'm planning to milk it for all its worth.
This picture was taken from my computer screen last week.  He left this message for me one morning.  Silly kid.

Ok.
Now to the bipolar weather.

One day it's beautiful and we have weather where I can take pictures like this...

and then next day it is snowing.
Ick.

I'm grateful for the report that the weather (and wind) should be pretty mild for the next 10 days or so.  Hallelujah!

My pond obsessed son didn't have school last Wednesday due to Junior SAT testing.
He spent most of his day in his pjs rotting his brain cells on a device…but he entertained Grady.  I let the brain rotting slide.

Saylor's swim lessons continue to progress.
She can now back stroke across the pool all by herself!  Love her and love her teacher Ashlee!

On the odd occasion when our house shows (I won't say anymore on the subject due to pure unadulterated bitterness) we spend the hour or so at my moms.  Grady has free reign of the pantry and has been known to open multiple bags of chips and eat several adult sized servings of M&Ms and chocolate chips.
What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandmas.

Grady also is learning the ropes of Facebook from my dad.
Monkey see-Monkey do.
(My parents house is very educational!)

Saylor is also mastering some life skills with the aid of my wonderful mother. (It's not quite as important as Facebook though.  Cough Cough.)
She is learning how to as she calls it, "button sew" and finds it WAY more exiting than anything I have ever taught her.  I'm guessing the sewing gene skips a generation sometimes.

Cutes little button sewer I know.

I guess other than facebook, buttons, and bipolar weather, things are pretty calm around here.
Well as calm as they usually are in this house of madness.

Some more highlights from our week are as follows...
Running laps around the house complete with finger lap counting.
Don't get hyper in my house or you will RUN RUN RUN!

Dixon cousin birthday party!
We love you Jacob!  Congrats on turning the ripe old age of SIX!!

Andrew might be obsessed with outdoor fish ponds, but I'm a little obsessed with flowers.
I'm loving this spring season and picking out flowers for my pots from my favorite nursery.


I can't wait to see how big my baskets can get this summer!

In other news, Saylor asked Steve for a new girly bike this week.  He told her he wouldn't buy her one until she rode "Snicker-doodle", the boys' old little bike.
She got on Snicker-doodle and was riding without training wheels in about 5 minutes.
Her borrowed strider bike, aka Gingersnap, was awesome in helping Saylor learn to balance.

Fast forward about one hour and Saylor was the proud owner of the girliest bike I've every seen.
She named her bike Blue.
Confession: I was hoping she would continue the cookie theme with the name of her bike, but can't complain about Blue.  It fits.
And seeing her pedal into the sunset with those tassels flying made my entire week!

Lessons to be learned from this????
1.  Never say never to Saylor. 
2.  Dads are big suckers when it comes to little girls.


Last but  not least…my parents have been in southern Utah playing it up.
I'm proud of them for getting out of town and relaxing.
I can't wait to see all their pictures, and I know they will be AWESOME in this years family book!

No comments:

Post a Comment